Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Deleted/Removed Campaigns - Campaign Progress Reporting

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 17 days ago

Apologies if this has been answered before - I searched but couldn't find anything.

Some of our LOBs require to delete their contact lists/campaigns semi-regularly, but then that makes historical reporting a nightmare.  The Interactions Workspace will still show deleted campaign data, but it won't be searchable; even by the proper GUID.

It takes an even more difficult turn when you consider workspaces such as Campaign Progress - where the GUID doesn't appear at all, and it's simply impossible to view historical data for Campaign Progress. 

Back-end reporting is obviously the solution to this - but I am curious if there are any native solutions that I may be missing. 

Thanks!

#Outbound
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Steven Busse
    Vice President, Lead Business Analyst
    M&T Bank

• 2.  RE: Deleted/Removed Campaigns - Campaign Progress Reporting
    Best Answer

Posted 6 days ago

This has to do with the way the data is stored.  It is a data lake that is bottomless.  You can report on any piece of data from the day you start.  Some things like users have the ability to see even after deleted, but any data point in the lake will have all the data related to that conversation are just attributes that can be read in when reporting historically, but don't exist in the here and now.  Even putting them back in will not work as the GUID has to be unique and can't be reinserted into the data lake. Of course, offloading data to another data warehouse will help, but comes with the overhead of replication of data. 

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Deleted/Removed Campaigns - Campaign Progress Reporting

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 6 days ago

Completely understood, and agreed!  Just wanted to validate I wasn't missing anything so I can pass that information along.  We already have a relatively robust secondary data warehouse; so we're covered at the end of the day.  Just need to ensure the LOBs have the capabilities to request and understand the data. 

Thanks Robert! 

Steven Busse
    Vice President, Lead Business Analyst
    M&T Bank

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources