Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Detecting remote disconnect

Posted 26 days ago

Hi,

Like a lot of you, I suspect, I am in the process of migrating Web Chats to Web Messaging. In this case, the requirement is to provide a Synchronous experience (even though the channel is essentially Asynchronous.)

Now, I have most of it figured out (I think) but one thing that I'm struggling with is detecting an abandon whilst In Queue. The issue is that if someone opens a session, but then gives up waiting (by closing the web page) the interaction stays in the Queue. This causes two problems:

1. The Agent will eventually be given an interaction where the customer is no longer connected, meaning that they have to respond to the initial query, fail to get any additional communication and then disconnect. This takes up agent resource.
    2. If a customer trues to open a session, gives up, then tries again later (before the interaction has got to an Agent) they reconnect to the existing session, which means no welcome etc.

So, what I need is a way to, from the In-Queue Flow, detect if the customer is still connected (essentially ping the remote client) and, if not, disconnect.

Any ideas?

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 2.  RE: Detecting remote disconnect

GENESYS
    Posted 24 days ago

Hi - a reasonable approach is to combine In-Queue Message Flows with Get Journey Session, in order to retrieve Journey Session object, which can inform about client's web tracking session, and can be used to derive timestamp attributes like State.JourneySession.awayDate or State.JourneySession.idleDate: you can then cycle this through Loop & Wait blocks as appropriate.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Detecting remote disconnect

Posted 22 days ago

Thanks, Angelo.

I will certainly look into this, but I notice from the linked page that this is part of Predictive Engagement? Many of the folks I am working with are not currently using that feature, and don't have any immediate plans to do so. Does this rule out the approach you suggest? It's not about wanting to know where the client currently is, simply whether they have closed the page hosting the Chat (or even closed the Chat itself.)

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources