Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Dialogflow CX voice integration

• 1.  Dialogflow CX voice integration

Posted 06-10-2022 04:29

Hi all,

We have configured the integrations from Genesys to Dialogflow CX following the documentation (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/google-cloud-dialogflow-cx-quick-start-guide/) and we get the first response from Dialogflow CX by launching an event. The point is that no other voice requests are sent from Genesys to Dialogflow CX after this first event.

Have any of you faced this issue?

Thanks in advance.

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Antonio González
    EMERGYA DIGITAL SOLUTIONS, S.L. Unipersonal

• 2.  RE: Dialogflow CX voice integration

Posted 06-13-2022 05:22
    Yes of course :)
    Do you have whitlisted the GCP projects to work with Genesys?

Gennaro Montanino

• 3.  RE: Dialogflow CX voice integration

Posted 06-14-2022 03:53
    Hi Gennaro,

Thank you for your response. 

As far as we are concerned, this should not affect as the first event sent form Genesys is received and processed by Dialogflow CX. However, please let us know how to proceed regarding the whitelist because we are literally stuck and we need to unlock this issue asap.

Thanks in advance.

Antonio González

• 4.  RE: Dialogflow CX voice integration

GENESYS
    Posted 06-14-2022 11:59
    Hello Antonio,

Can you provide your OrgId, the Genesys Cloud region, and a rough timeframe for when you had a call that experienced the issue? If you have conversation ID that would be even better but I should be able to find what I need with just the basic information.
    I can look into the logs on the Genesys Cloud side to see if there is an error message or something that would lead to a next step.

Thanks,

Brad Wehmeier
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Dialogflow CX voice integration

Posted 06-15-2022 03:45
    Hello Brad,

Thank you for your response.

You can find attached the info requested:
        - OrgId: d360f0f3-7b21-44bc-933d-94505a73869e
        - Region: EU (Ireland) eu-west-1 EMEA (Dublin) https://login.mypurecloud.ie
        - Timeframe: Wed 15th June 08:55-09:05
        - Conversation ID: 119Z2sOQRDpRW-q4UbXAr5yLw (this value was retrieved from the webhook but we are not sure if it matches with the conversation id you mentioned)

Please let us know if you find something relevant in the logs.

Thanks in advance.

Antonio González

• 6.  RE: Dialogflow CX voice integration

GENESYS
    Posted 06-15-2022 09:07
    @Antonio GonzalezHello again Antonio,

I looked through the logs and I do not see any errors or anything like that. That rules out allowlisting, permissions, etc. Genesys Cloud is successfully interacting with the Dialogflow CX agent, the Dialogflow CX agent just isn't performing correctly.

I see the initial contact with Dialogflow CX doesn't seem to return any audio back to Genesys Cloud. This means that Dialogflow CX begins listening at without really asking the caller a question. If you have tried to put the question in an Architect Play Audio action, I would move that into the Dialogflow CX configuration so that the audio comes from CX when CX is ready to listen. Otherwise there can be a gap in time between when the Play Audio occurs and CX starts listening to the caller.

Next I see a  "Live Agent Handoff" fulfillment coming from from Dialogflow CX, but Genesys Cloud does not receive the "End Session" that terminates the connection with Dialogflow CX. Without the "End Session" the call is not disconnect from Dialogflow CX so that it can be transferred to a Live Agent. Since there wasn't an End Session, the call stays with Dialogflow CX

After the Live Agent Handoff and about 0.6 seconds of audio, I see Dialogflow recognizing the additional audio coming from Genesys Cloud. The problem appears to be that Dialogflow CX isn't doing anything with that recognized audio. This might be because the CX agent doesn't have any processing after the Live Agent Handoff block.

Hopefully this gives you a better idea of what is happening with these calls.

Thanks,

Brad Wehmeier
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Dialogflow CX voice integration

Posted 06-29-2022 10:52
    @Brad Wehmeier Hi again!

Thanks for your tips. Finally, we could make phone calls works with Dialogflow CX. However, we are currently stuck in order to transfer the call to an agent.
    While in Dialogflow ES all the final intents appears in the Genesys flow screen automatically, in Dialogflow CX we don't know how to distinguish these final intents in order to send the flow to an agent.

Do you please provide more info regarding how to send a flow to an agent in Genesys with Dialogflow CX?

Thanks in advance.

Antonio González

• 8.  RE: Dialogflow CX voice integration

GENESYS
    Posted 06-29-2022 11:45
    Hi again Antonio,

Unlike Dialogflow ES where the end of the bot was indicated by an Intent, Dialogflow CX uses the "End Session" to end the bot. These "End Sessions" don't have any identifying features that we can use to provide automatic branching logic in Architect like we could with the Dialogflow ES bots.
    Instead we have to use variables returned from the Dialogflow CX bot to create branching logic in Architect.

Architect allows Session Parameters and Live Agent Handoff values from the Dialogflow CX bot to be mapped to Architect Variables.
    • Session Parameters are how Dialogflow CX maintains state during the execution of the CX Agent. You could set a certain Session Parameter name to indicate what next steps were needed. For example, in CX you could set a "agentEscalation" Session Parameter to "yes" before the "End Session". In Architect then, you can map the "agentEscalation" Session Parameter to an Architect Variable and use a "Decision" action in Architect to compare that Variable to the "yes" value and perform your routing in the "Yes" branch. The Variable is a String type so you can expand on the logic with a "Switch" action in Architect to route to multiple different queues.
      Documentation for more information: https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow/cx/docs/concept/parameter 
    • Live Agent Handoff fulfillments are another way Dialogflow CX enables an easy way to indicate next steps. The Live Agent Handoff payload can be set as a JSON formatted key-value pair collection. Similar to Session Parameters above, you will want to set this Fulfillment just before the End Session step. Also similar to Session Parameters the keys from this collection can be mapped to Architect Variables. Then again you can add "Decision"/"Switch" actions to Architect to perform the branching logic.
      Documentation for more information: https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow/cx/docs/concept/fulfillment#handoff
    The decision which to use is up to you they are more or less equivalent. Live Agent Handoff is pretty simple since you can specify it in the Fulfillment so for simpler cases and migrating from ES that's probably where I'd recommend you start.

The benefit of this new approach with CX is that it is very flexible and powerful, but the down side is that it makes the Architect flow a little more complicated.

Hopefully that description is clear.

Brad Wehmeier
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Dialogflow CX voice integration

Posted 06-14-2022 17:45
    Ciao Gennaro,
    since the beginning of May, whitelisting is not more required and also the help page on Cloud CX has been deleted.

Giuliano Ferri
    Indra Italia spa

• 10.  RE: Dialogflow CX voice integration

Posted 06-15-2022 02:18
    Ciao @Giuliano Ferri
    I was aware of that ;) but still this solved my issue 2 weeks ago after opened a case ​to Google.
    Moreover the thing get complex if you have VPC and want to use the consumer model in which one org has access to more agents on different GCP Projects...
    Let's say that this integration is not yet enterprise ready =)

Gennaro Montanino

• 11.  RE: Dialogflow CX voice integration

GENESYS
    Posted 06-15-2022 08:40
    @Gennaro Montanino
    Fortunately Google removing the need to Allowlist projects has greatly simplified this setup. Previously the Consumer Project would need to be Allowlisted but thats no longer required.

For Consumer Project/Resource Project split model, the important pieces are to have the Service Account defined in the Consumer Project and ensure all other Resource Projects grant that Service Account the 3 roles needed to invoke Dialogflow CX: Dialogflow API Client, Dialogflow API Reader, Dialogflow Conversation Manager.

Hopefully that helps clarify the requirements and irons out any issues you're having.​

Brad Wehmeier
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Dialogflow CX voice integration

Posted 06-15-2022 08:59
    @Brad Wehmeier Thank you. For me the integration between Genesys Cloud und CX is not yet enterprise ready... for example we cannot send SSML parameters from Architect, like Pitch, speed and so on, and we have to make them manually in CX Console
    I would say, even the integration is not any longer in Beta ​still not easy to manage =)

Gennaro Montanino

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources