Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Did the flow execution history release get delayed?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-22-2024 15:34

Last week's release notes indicate that a form of flow execution history will be available for digital and bot flows, but even with the new permissions I am not seeing anything matching the resource center. Was this release delayed?

I do see a neat blue-themed heat map for traffic patterns on bot flows, but that is it.

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Did the flow execution history release get delayed?

Posted 01-22-2024 15:45

Execution history resource is here:  Flow execution history - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

That is kind of like the debug function in Designer on PC.

The journey heat map is here:  Use Flow Insights to view the frequency of executed bot flow actions - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

This keeps track of journeys through the bot (later flows) to show heat map of bot usage.   

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Did the flow execution history release get delayed?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-22-2024 15:51

Are you seeing the execution history button in your orgs or your customers? We are not seeing it at all, and we have all the permissions. I hate opening care tickets just for them to come back in 4 days and say a release was delayed when someone from product will have a faster answer on here usually.

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Did the flow execution history release get delayed?

Posted 01-22-2024 16:03

I do, but that is not a good litmus test as I usually get all the Beta code, so it could be still in Beta.  I can't really see what was released last week, but I think it is the journey heat map.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital

• 5.  RE: Did the flow execution history release get delayed?

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 01-22-2024 19:25

The Architect history data feature that was released recently, is API only, and for bot flows and digital bot flows only. For now

Anton Vroon

• 6.  RE: Did the flow execution history release get delayed?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-23-2024 13:24

Hi all, 

We released Flow execution history for bot flows and digital bot flows last week. It is available via the public API and notification service. Here is the documentation: Historical flow execution data overview.

The Replay Mode and Flow execution history tab are separate features. We hope to release these features around March/April, along with support for call and digital flows and more advanced data for troubleshooting. 

Amelie Wisniak
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Did the flow execution history release get delayed?

Posted 01-23-2024 13:53

This is yet one more BRILLIANT example of releasing APIs as a Feature.  How many times do we have to put up with this.  API's should be released on the developer site, not in feature releases!!!!!

Plus, if you actually read the description, there is NO indication that this is API-only, just that you can access the "feature" in the API.  We REALLY need to look at this once again.  End users don't want to see and get all excited about a FEATURE when it is only an API release.  @Becky Powell, can you get a meeting with the release teams and myself so we can explain what a nuisance this is every Thursday trying to explain to customer they aren't actually getting the feature that was released unless you are a developer.

Historical execution data for Architect bot flows and digital bot flows

Customers can now access historical execution data for Architect bot flows and digital bot flows. Administrators, contact center managers, and flow authors can use the data to gain a high-level understanding of user journeys. Developers can access historical flow execution data using the public API and the notification service. For more information, see Historical flow execution data overview. This feature has no restriction by user or required user to access.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital

• 8.  RE: Did the flow execution history release get delayed?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-23-2024 14:40
    Edited by Becky Powell 01-23-2024 14:43

Thank you all for the meaningful feedback. I'm sorry for your frustration and I assure you that we'll improve the status quo. Please stay tuned - we have several ideas for how we can make improvements in how we announce and document API-first features. Onward and upward!

Becky Powell
    Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Did the flow execution history release get delayed?

Posted 2 days ago

What is status on replay mode?  Been waiting on this for some time.  

Clayton Curtis
    Enova Online Services, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources