Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Difference between Alert - No answer and Not Responding

Posted 08-10-2023 12:46

In Agent Performance view there is a column Alert - No Answer and in the Interactions view there is a column Not Responding. 

The definition of the two metrics is so similar

Not Responding = When you decline or fail to answer an interaction within the Alerting Timeout period

alert - No Answer = The number of times the agent did not answer an offered interaction while On Queue or Interacting.  

Are these the same count but called different columns names in different views?   

it is causing quite a bit of confusion within our supervisory staff

Thanks!

Christine

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Christine Serapiglia

• 2.  RE: Difference between Alert - No answer and Not Responding

Posted 08-11-2023 08:00

Alert - No Answer is when the agent does not answer the call presented to them.    When that happens, the system thinks they are not available and puts them into Not Responding.   The Not Responding status remains until the agent goes back On Queue or the supervisor puts them back On Queue.   When looking at the Agent Performance reports, you can see the number of calls they do not answer in the Alert - No Answer column on the Performance tab and you can see the amount of time they are in Not Responding on the Status tab.   I hope that helps.    In my opinion, there is a difference between someone who misses a call once in a while and has a low amount of Not Responding time verses someone who has a ton of Not Responding time daily.

Judy Jimenez, Call Center Operations Manager
    CURE Auto Insurance

• 3.  RE: Difference between Alert - No answer and Not Responding

GENESYS
    Posted 08-15-2023 08:07

Hi Christine,

That's a great point to discuss and I agree with Judith regarding the two types of agent's performance too. 

Now, something to consider beyond the fact that both metrics have the same purpose is that "Alert - No Answer" is an agent reporting metric, while "Not Responding" is a queue reporting metric. When it is said that agent-type and queue-type reports are different by design, it is about how we analyze the information present in the report, despite the fact that it is quite similar data in another type of report.

Here are two links I think may help:

Definitions - https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/metric-definitions/

Agent vs Queue Reports - https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/reports-overview/

HTH

All the best,

Israel Borges
    Core Instructor
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Difference between Alert - No answer and Not Responding

Posted 09-21-2023 17:58

Hi Israel, do you know why we are getting this error message "You are currently "Not Responding." when our agents are configured with Auto Answer?

Lately, many of my agents are reporting this issue. They get the mentioned error message when an interaction is delivered to them. I looked at the log and noticed many have these in their logs:

2023-09-20T18:20:48.183000 info Saving local settings to server
    2023-09-20T18:20:48.328000 info Settings saved successfully
    2023-09-20T18:20:48.720000 info [streaming-client] new stanza instance connected { stanzaInstanceId: '8a240530-6c8b-4aac-9b25-23b1a46d83de',
      channelId: 'streaming-5-95stb2ud7oi4fhdpugmoa6nak0' }
    2023-09-20T18:20:48.910000 info [webrtc-sdk] GenesysCloud streaming client connected { reconnect: false }
    2023-09-20T18:20:48.911000 info [webrtc-sdk] GenesysCloud streaming client ready for use
    2023-09-20T18:20:49.025000 info running windows11 webrtc hack
    2023-09-20T18:20:49.042000 info [webrtc-sdk] adding sessionType { sessionType: 'softphone' }
    2023-09-20T18:20:49.042000 info [webrtc-sdk] Softphone sessionType added, requesting station
    2023-09-20T18:20:49.043000 error [webrtc-sdk] sdkError { name: 'Error',
      type: 'generic',
      details: [Error: User does not have an effective station] }

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanking you in advance,

Lim

Lim Vo
    Patelco Credit Union

• 5.  RE: Difference between Alert - No answer and Not Responding

GENESYS
    Posted 09-21-2023 18:42

There are a couple of tiny differences between the two metrics, and they are very annoying for most of our supervisors:

1. If a customer abandons in queue, while alerting a rep, the rep gets dinged with 'alert no answer' but does NOT go into Not Responding Status
    2. If a customer is moved out of the queue due to a callback or other flow-out mechanism while alerting a rep, the same as above happens and the rep gets half-dinged for the behavior but does not go into Not Responding status.

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Difference between Alert - No answer and Not Responding

Posted 12-22-2023 13:30

My experience agrees with Brad's for scenario #1:  If a customer abandons in queue, while alerting a rep, the rep gets dinged with 'alert no answer' but does NOT go into Not Responding Status.

Is there an agent report that includes the number of times that an agent is placed in the Not Responding state?  I have been including the
    Alert-No Answer number in my metrics, but I would like to exclude those calls that were not answered when the caller abandons before the agent has the opportunity to answer it.  Thanks.

Eileen Andrews
    DuPont

• 7.  RE: Difference between Alert - No answer and Not Responding

Posted 03-20-2024 03:28

I wonder if you ever received an answer to this? 
    I too think it would be helpful if I could see how many times an agent is put into not responding vs how much time they are not responding
    Sometimes someone can have several instances of not responding and is waiting a few seconds before going back on queue vs folks who maybe forget to go off queue 1x during a lunch break, now that have 30 min of not responding but only 1 instance before going back on queue

Ashley Williams
    Providence Health & Services

• 8.  RE: Difference between Alert - No answer and Not Responding

Posted 13 days ago

I am trying to find out if there is a way to determine when a representative declines a call, verses when the caller abandons the call in route to the agent.   We have our ring time set at about 32 seconds, sometimes I see that it alerted to the agent for 2 seconds.   I was thinking that the agent probably declined the call when it was presented.     Seeing the information above, I think there is a possibility that the inbound caller abandoned the call.     How would I know which was the case?      Is there a report that would show me how many, if any times an agent declines a call?

Judy Jimenez, Call Center Operations Manager
    CURE Auto Insurance

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources