Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Digital Bot - SMS - Pre Registration

Posted 03-21-2024 19:35

I am attempting to create a Digital Bot flow to be used with an inbound message flow in the SMS channel. Because it's SMS I cannot currently use Digital Menus. I am attempting to prompt the caller for information (like a pre-registration form) before i transfer to an agent and am trying to use intents to accomplish this. 

I have a Call Task block to a reusable task where the Wait for input block is used to ask them an open ended 'What is your location'. Since the Wait for Input block only ends with 'end of task', I am expecting it to go back to the starting bot/task that called it and go down the default output path. However, when I try to test the bot, it just repeats the location question - as if the reusable task is not completing and returning to the starting bot and going down the default output path. it just restarts the reusable task over and over. It would appear that it is recognizing my intent, because it isn't asking me confirmation prompts unless i type something vague for the location. 

How can i get it to move on?

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)
    #DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Kellyn DuBois
    Lumen Technologies Service Group, LLC

• 2.  RE: Digital Bot - SMS - Pre Registration

Posted 19 days ago

I just tried my SMS through the same Web Messaging Digital Bot Flow that has a digital menu.  Yes, it will not display, but you could offer a branch at that point to look for SMS and offer a text-based menu or just offer suggestions for Intents you have built.  Run the intent into a task and the route back to a different task for the menu when done.   Don't keep going back to the menu at the top.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Digital Bot - SMS - Pre Registration

Posted 14 days ago

I'm sorry, i dont understand what you mean when you say '...or just offer suggestions for Intents you have built.  Run the intent into a task and the route back to a different task for the menu when done.   Don't keep going back to the menu at the top. '

I am just trying to ask for an intent like i would in a bot flow. i cant use a standard bot flow because it doesnt have No input time outs for Digital interaction.

Is a digital bot not capable to ask for an intent like a standard bot can?

Kellyn DuBois

• 4.  RE: Digital Bot - SMS - Pre Registration

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 13 days ago

Intents are different in Digital bots, but still has them.

Intents are accessible at a digital menu, or the wait input action.

All Intents go to a Task in Digital bots. - It doesn't have the branching paths like in Bot flows, that is reserved for digital menus. Why not keep them consistent... well good question...

So yes use the Ask for Input action, which will then go to a the task for the intent that it picked up. 

Anton Vroon

• 5.  RE: Digital Bot - SMS - Pre Registration

Posted 13 days ago

Thank you for your reply Anton - I think you were able to connect all the dots for me.

A few things of note - I was trying to use 'Call Task' instead of 'Jump to reusable task'. looks like Jump works better.

Also, I kept expecting to go back to my starting task (why i kept using Call task) - it's not going to do that - at least i couldn't make it work. but you can jump from task to task to task until you're able to 'End Bot'

Thanks for the help Anton!

Kellyn DuBois

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources