Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Discrepancy in Web Chat Display Name/External Participant Name

Posted 03-05-2024 19:31

Hi everyone,

I am seeing an issue with web chat.

I initiate a web chat and fill out the chat form. I use John Doe as the name. I use john.doe@johndoe.com as the email address. The interaction arrives and displays Doe, John as the name on the pop-up the agent sees which asks them to accept the chat.

I then initiate a new chat interaction. I use Jane Hall as the name. I use the same email address I used for the first interaction: john.doe@johndoe.com

The interaction continues to display Doe, John (from the first interaction) on the initial pop-up the agent sees.

I go to the Admin Portal and go to Performance->Workspace->Interactions to look at the Interaction Details after completing it. The list of interactions show Jane Hall in the Remote column. But I see John Doe listed as the External Participant when I open the interaction.

I have not created an external contact. It seems as if the name first used with the email address is getting stored within Genesys cloud. Does anyone know the workings behind what I am observing, or how I can reset the name associated with an email address?

The specific use case is that we would like to display the external participant's name using the native alphabet whereas it is currently being displayed in English.

Thanks!

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Waqar Mahmood
    Herbalife International of America, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Discrepancy in Web Chat Display Name/External Participant Name

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 03-06-2024 16:01

Hi Waqar, 

Sorry I don't know the answer here, but suspect it has to do with the temporary ephemeral contact created automatically.

But are you using webchat or web messenger?

Are you aware WebChat is being deprecated very soon now.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/feature-deprecations/

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: Discrepancy in Web Chat Display Name/External Participant Name
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 16 days ago

Hello Waqar, 

The reason for this behavior is because you are using the same email address john.doe@johndoe.com. As Anton mentioned GC made temporary ephemeral contact automatically tied to this email. To correct this behavior, you should be able to use a new email jane.hall@janehall.com and it should populate correctly. 

To follow up also on Anton's previous post, web chat is being depreciated soon and you should try and migrate to web messenger. You can follow our resource doc to make this as simple as possible. 

Cameron Tomlin
    Online Community Manager/Moderator
    Genesys - Employees
    DenverCO

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources