Genesys Casual

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Does anyone know about Formula 1 racing?

GENESYS
    Posted 03-13-2024 12:06

Hey guys/gals! 

I'm doing a little research on F1 racing and I'm confused. Looks like there are a lot of races throughout the year, but it there one final race that determines a season champion or anything like that? Or are there just winners of each race, no overall winner? Just not sure how the logistics on this sport work. 

Thanks for your knowledge and help!

#General

------------------------------
    Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Does anyone know about Formula 1 racing?

GENESYS
    Posted 03-14-2024 03:24

Nicole,

I hope you are enjoying the F1 races!! My daughter (11) and I are watching them and she is interested in all the details as well!

In response to your question, each race in the season has points associated with the first 10 place finishers. The goal is to accumulate the most points over the course of the season. There is no 'final' race as there would be a Superbowl at the end of the NFL season. Additionally, the car makers (constructors - ie RedBull, Mercedes, etc) gain points as their particular car/engine win races. 

If you want to get some additional details, you may enjoy reading the introduction to F1 on the F1 site -

• https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.the-beginners-guide-to-the-f1-drivers-championship.53MjXJzTDxQnfxfoCLnxNZ.html
    • https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.the-beginners-guide-to-the-formula-1-weekend.5RFZzGXNhEi9AEuMXwo987.html

Enjoy!!

Go Ferrari & Genesys!!!

Michael Barrett
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Does anyone know about Formula 1 racing?

GENESYS
    Posted 03-14-2024 10:26

Thank you so much for this! Is there any kinda of ceremony for the racers who have the most points at the end of the season? Or is it just like, "He won, see ya next year." LOL

I think it's cool that the car companies also get points. Interesting...

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Does anyone know about Formula 1 racing?

Posted 03-14-2024 07:43

Wish I could help. We watch one race a year, the Indy 500. My wife is from Indiana and it was a family tradition to watch it. It has become a tradition for us too even though I always end up watching more of it than she does.

Seean Weaver
    MAPFRE USA - Telecom Analyst

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources