Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  DTMF entered in the virtual phone breaks subsequent DTMF input on remote phone

Posted 10-31-2022 11:20
    Hi,

When I was running the test plan for Genesys Cloud SIP trunk (https://help.mypurecloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/SIP-Trunk-Test-Plan.pdf) and
    I observed strange behavior with regard to the DMTF test.

DTMF Call 1-800-COMCAST, confirm DTMF is received

For the test, I configured an agent with a remote phone (cell phone).
    Thus, when making the outbound call, the agent has the option to input DTMF in the Genesys Cloud virtual phone or physically on the cell phone.
    When pressing DTMF in the virtual phone first, DTMF input on the agent's cell phone no longer works.
    But if DTMF is pressed on the agent's cell phone first, they work as expected.

Have you observed this where DTMF entered in the virtual phone breaks subsequent DTMF input on the cell phone?
    I have observed the same behavior with PureCloud voice and BYOC SIP trunk.

Thanks and best regards,
    Guillaume
    #Integrations
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Guillaume Desjardins
    Bell Canada

• 2.  RE: DTMF entered in the virtual phone breaks subsequent DTMF input on remote phone

GENESYS
    Posted 11-03-2022 05:07
    Hi Guillaume

I suggest you to open a care ticket , where we can collect traces to check what could be happening here.

Regards

Alberto

Alberto Sagredo
    Sr Technical Account Manager EMEA
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: DTMF entered in the virtual phone breaks subsequent DTMF input on remote phone

Posted 12-06-2022 09:55
    Thanks Alberto!

I have opened case 0003213062.

The conclusion is that entering DTMF on both devices (virtual phone and cell phone) is not the intended function, even though it can be done.
    When using a remote device as the primary setup for an agent, there are several legs of the call for it to be completed. The external leg of the call from the Genesys system to the remote device, and then the external call from the remote device to the external number. Adding in additional legs to the call can cause issues with the DTMFs not working consistently.

Best regards,
    Guillaume

Guillaume Desjardins
    Bell Canada

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources