Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dynamically calling a task within a flow

Posted 9 days ago

I have a project where I would like to reference a field in a data table to retrieve a task name and call the task using "Jump to Reusable Task", since different conditions require the execution of different tasks.  However, unlike most fields in Architect, there is no ability to switch to Expression mode, only a drop-down menu of Reusable Tasks.

Is there a way to achieve this?

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Vikki Papesh
    Sr. Genesys Cloud Developer II
    Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Dynamically calling a task within a flow

Posted 9 days ago

It's not clean and could get unwieldly depending on the number of tasks you want to jump to, however, I would create a switch and hardcode the 'jump to task' based on each branch of the switch.

Kevin Goodwin
    Mediu, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Dynamically calling a task within a flow

Posted 9 days ago

Yes, that could certainly work, but as you mention it's a bit ungainly and not dynamic as I'd need to create a switch case for each task to potentially be called (and there are many).

Vikki Papesh
    Sr. Genesys Cloud Developer II
    Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Dynamically calling a task within a flow

Posted 6 days ago

Hi Vikki, Call task and Jump to Reusable Task block aren't available to use expression :(.

I See how the better option is Kevin's tip for your situation.

Att,

Breno Canyggia Ferreira Marreco
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/brenocfm-40b62182/

• 5.  RE: Dynamically calling a task within a flow

Posted 5 days ago

Hey, Vikki!

Long time, no see, I hope all is well with you!

Anyway, I saw this thread and it relates to a similar issue I have noticed with Flows not being dynamically referenced. (This has become more important since the release of the "Set Post-Flow" action, which allows for transfers to surveys etc.) I did stumble across this idea and thought it might be worth a look - the Idea could perhaps be expanded to include all objects that are currently only statically referenceable.

Just a thought.

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 6.  RE: Dynamically calling a task within a flow

Posted 4 days ago

Thank you, Paul!  Your idea has my vote, as this functionality gap has me writing otherwise unnecessary code to do what should be a simple task.

Anywhere we can do a literal, we should be able to do an expression.  Dropdown menus are handy, but again, the ability to use an expression would allow for much more dynamic behavior.  Writing switch statements to handle 10 of the same action against different targets is poor practice.

Vikki Papesh

SR. GENESYS CLOUD DEVELOPER II

Genesys Cloud CX: Professional Certification badge image. Issued by Genesys

P + 858.366.6948

Tandem Diabetes Care | positively different

12400 High Bluff Drive, San Diego CA 92130

The information in this email (including any attachments) may be privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of this email is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately and destroy all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.

• 7.  RE: Dynamically calling a task within a flow

Posted 4 days ago

Vikki,

Full disclosure - not my idea, but one I wholeheartedly endorse 😝

We are in alignment on this! 😁

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources