Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  E-mail keeps it's place in queue when transferred back to queue.

Posted 07-31-2022 19:04
    I hope I can explain this right, bear with me.

In New Zealand we have a legal obligation that whenever a request for personal data that the company has on a customer is requested, we have 2 working days to respond. 

A scenario that we came across is a customer requested their customer data on a Sunday via e-mail. 
    Because there was a lot of e-mails on Monday and Tuesday, that email sat at the bottom of the queue. 
    Then on late Tuesday an agent was able to answer it, however they were unable to complete this as their shift was about to end, so they transferred their e-mail back to the queue. 
    When they did that, the e-mail then went back to the bottom of the queue which meant that other e-mails were ahead of it, and it wasnt until Thursday that the e-mail was responded to.

So it took us 4 days to respond. 

The customer was aware of the legal requirements we have and then went to complain etc. 

Is there a way that if an e-mail has been answered, however the agent transferes the e-mail back to the queue, the e-mail retains it place in the queue?
    #DigitalChannels
    #Implementation
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Glen Tylee
    Fonterra

• 2.  RE: E-mail keeps it's place in queue when transferred back to queue.

Posted 07-31-2022 22:02
    Hi Glen,

maybe what you can try is create an in-queue flow for emails that arrived on the weekend to increase its priority over emails arrived on weekdays.

I believe the priority should be kept for the email even if the Agent transfers the email back to the queue.

Regards.

Francis.

Francis Hoang
    TeleApps Services Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: E-mail keeps it's place in queue when transferred back to queue.

Posted 07-31-2022 22:10

Thanks. 

Yes I thought that if an e-mail is transferred back to the queue then ACD should prioritise it over others as it has not been replied to, however thats not the case. I tested it this morning. 

Currently e-mails are prioritised by oldest first, so e-mails from over the weekend are getting dealt to first, but if an e-mail has gone to an agent then back into the queue, then the counting begins again. 

Glen Tylee
    Fonterra

• 4.  RE: E-mail keeps it's place in queue when transferred back to queue.

Posted 07-31-2022 22:19
    Hi Glen,

what I'm suggesting is slightly different.

If you set all you emails to the same priority, then emails will be processed fifo, which is what you're seeing. Naturally, if an agent transfers an email back to the queue, then it will go to the end of the queue.

So, perhaps what we can do is emails arriving on the weekend we set them to higher priority, then no matter what, weekend emails should always be processed first.

Use the Set Priority to increase the priority of the emails that arrive on weekends.

Regards.

Francis.

Francis Hoang
    TeleApps Services Pty Ltd

• 5.  RE: E-mail keeps it's place in queue when transferred back to queue.

Posted 08-01-2022 05:20
    Hi Francis,

This has nothing to do with weekends and weekdays. When an email comes in on Monday and waits in queue for 2 days after it is assigned to an agent on Wednesday. This agent transfers the email back to the queue so it has to wait again 2 days and is answered by the second agent on Friday. In this case the response time doesn't met the regulation Glen is talking about.

What could be a good solution is to track the initial start time of the email in an in-queue flow. Calculate the time difference between that time and the current time in minutes and add the number as a priority to the email. In this case the email keeps in fact his original position in queue.

Kind regards,
    Edward

Edward Wit
    Cloudoe BV

• 6.  RE: E-mail keeps it's place in queue when transferred back to queue.

Posted 08-01-2022 19:13
    Hi Glen!

I have had this exact same scenario before, and fixed it by creating a transfer queue for when an agent has finished their shift.
    They transfer uncompleted work to this queue and I gave it a really high priority so that the first on the next day (or later that day) would get the email before all others.
    Also a good one to be able to see easily if one agent is transferring more than normal too!

I hope this helps!

Emma Lilley
    Black Box Technologies New Zealand Limited

• 7.  RE: E-mail keeps it's place in queue when transferred back to queue.

Posted 08-02-2022 03:45
    Edited by Jeff Hoogkamer 08-02-2022 03:50

Hi Glen,

We had a similar scenario (getting an email close to finish time, transferring back into queue but it goes back to bottom)

I went down a slightly different path using a Script to add a 'Return to Queue' button to trigger a Custom Action that executes some custom Data Action's.

Basically:
    - Script variable calculates 'Equivalent Wait Time as Priority' (i.e. every minute since original conversation start = 1 priority point)
    - Button redirects to 'Business Rules' page (to highlight reasons for using this function)

If confirmed, then Custom Script runs following actions:
    - runs Data Action 'Replace Email Participant (Transfer)' which calls the same API as Blind Transfer into the same queue (but does so at 0 priority and at bottom of queue)
    - runs custom Data Action 'Set Routing Priority' to add the equivalent wait time as priority (e.g. if customer originally emailed 2 days ago, change routing priority to 2880)
    - adds note to Participant Data that email was returned to queue and at what priority (useful in understanding usage and troubleshooting)
    - adds hidden Wrap Code 'Returned to Queue' (so usage of the button can be searched and reported on in case it's being abused)

By calculating the actual 'Equivalent priority' means it will just return to queue and get actioned where it would have been in relation to any other waiting interactions. It also means we can keep using our existing email queues and didn't have to setup a special 'transfer' queue(s).

Only downside to this method is that:
    - 'wait time' against an email will only be it's current time waiting in queue, not it's total wait time since the customer emailed. So whilst your queue might show only a 2 day wait time, you might actually have emails actually older.
    - 'offered' and 'answered' count will artificially increase and not be a true representation of 'unique' interactions (i.e. customer only emailed once, but will show as 2 offered/answered - possibly giving a false sense of completion/busyness when it's just the same work multiple times)

But it solved the issue for us and has been well used for a while now :) Hope that helps.

Jeffrey

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources