PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email Forwarding

Posted 10-18-2022 16:08
    Management had me disable an email account, but it seems somewhere Interaction is set up to forward email when someone leaves a VM after calling in to that email mailbox.  I though cannot find where that forwarder is.  It is going through Exchange because that is what is giving me the undeliverable error.  

I looked through Interaction Administrator and didn't see anything that jumped out at me, and the user account doesn't show a forwarder in its properties.  I didn't see any forwarding rules in Exchange either for the Interaction account to forward anything.
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Jon Mercer

• 2.  RE: Email Forwarding

Posted 10-19-2022 08:57
    If your Workgroup and User in question don't have a mailbox configured, you may want to take a peek in IA at System Configuration > Configuration > Mailboxes > Default Mailboxes > Voice Mail Recipient.

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

• 3.  RE: Email Forwarding

Posted 10-19-2022 12:30
    Thanks, checking that, and it is working ok.  If someone calls in, and selects an option in the phone tree for a department that no one answers, is there an area that would tell VM left for that department to route somewhere?

Jon Mercer

• 4.  RE: Email Forwarding

Posted 10-19-2022 13:07
    Edited by Raymond Hicks 10-19-2022 14:21
    I think there are a couple of ways to handle this, just thinking out loud assumptively...
    • The phone tree could have logic to check for available agents and if none, route to VM instead of queue.
    • Or, route the call to queue and then have in-queue hold messaging that presents VM options to the caller.
    • Or, route the call to queue and then route to VM if not answered within some fixed amount of time.

Either way, in the cases above, I'd assume that the VM mailbox is configured in an Interaction Attendant profile, not Interaction Administrator. Also, the VM mailbox does not have to be the same workgroup where the call is normally offered.

Are you able to reproduce the behavior and collect a CallEventLog to review for clues?

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

• 5.  RE: Email Forwarding

Posted 10-19-2022 15:07
    I looked in Interaction Attendant and found the phone tree entry.  It points to a workgroup, that I found in Interaction Administrator.  

Just to make sure so I don't screw up anything, if I change the email address under the workgroup entry in workgroup configuration to another email account, would that be enough to have the emails route to another mailbox?

Jon Mercer

• 6.  RE: Email Forwarding

Posted 10-24-2022 10:51
    I think you've got it.  Changing the mailbox user there should be enough and shouldn't screw it up.

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

• 7.  RE: Email Forwarding

Posted 10-24-2022 12:15
    Thanks, now just need to figure out how to make that mailbox.....

Jon Mercer

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources