Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email Queue SLA & Closed Business Hours

Posted 03-23-2023 11:37
    Edited by Stephen Poncia 03-23-2023 11:39

Hi Genesys Community,

New comer here. 

I understand that email SLA queues are unable to be set to 'stop the clock', for instance, closing at 6pm means emails received after 6pm, the SLA doesn't start on emails received from 6pm - 8am until 8am when the business opens. Currently it counts the SLA time set, regardless of when the email came in, meaning a queue with 4 hours answer SLA, is breached without us being open. I was hoping to find out:

1. If this is likely to be built into a future release of Genesys Cloud
    2. How other businesses who work from a stop the clock SLA type business model, operate with Genesys Cloud and how they manage this and can provide any creative ways using the metrics to workaround this

One of the suggestions to us as a workaround, was to set the Queue Performance on email queues to show SLA from the open business hours. This unfortunately isn't a viable workaround for us, due to our business receiving emails 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and would mean that we lose about a third of emails for reporting.

Many thanks and look forward to the responses.

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Stephen

• 2.  RE: Email Queue SLA & Closed Business Hours

GENESYS
    Posted 03-23-2023 17:52

We do this by having all emails start in a parking/holding queue, and then using in-queue email flows to run a schedule check and move inbound email from the holding queue to the normal daytime queue and then back into the holding queue at end of day. This allows us to keep a clean service level and prevents reps from continuing to grab emails after hours, forgetting to logout and racking up overtime.

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Email Queue SLA & Closed Business Hours

Posted 03-24-2023 03:51
    Edited by Stephen Poncia 03-24-2023 03:53

Hi Brad,

Thanks very much for the reply. This was also presented to us as a workaround, however we didn't deem it viable incase of major out of hours incidents. I'd be interested to know how you use that alongside a possible out of hours incident? Thanks again and I look forward to your reply.

Stephen

• 4.  RE: Email Queue SLA & Closed Business Hours

GENESYS
    Posted 04-03-2023 23:19

The key for these is having some field or indicator in Salesforce that you can pick up from Genesys.

If the case record in Salesforce has a Priority field, you would query the SF Case data and then make a decision in Genesys to stick with the normal parking>daytime queue flip-flop or do some other treatment like route to an on-call queue.

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Email Queue SLA & Closed Business Hours

Posted 12-13-2023 06:56

Hi Brad, would you be please share the flow for this ? we are  need to do the same but i am stuck here thinking if the email loop count exceeds  before next business hours or not able to send the email exactly during businesses hours  ?

Halesha Sanningappal
    Health Alliance Plan

• 6.  RE: Email Queue SLA & Closed Business Hours

Posted 03-26-2023 16:00
      |   view attached

We actually have this capability in our AppFoundry app for Genesys Cloud: https://appfoundry.genesys.com/filter/genesyscloud/listing/59c44a27-fb86-4806-8640-18a99c7f544f

Maksim Gill
    Eccentex (Customer Service Platform)
    https://www.eccentex.com/genesys

• 7.  RE: Email Queue SLA & Closed Business Hours

Posted 03-27-2023 03:15
    Edited by Stephen Poncia 03-27-2023 03:17

Hi Max,

That's really useful, I will take a look. Thanks very much.

Stephen

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources