View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

EmailServer use transfer to external email address with attachment

• 1.  EmailServer use transfer to external email address with attachment

Posted 10-28-2022 09:39
    Edited by Sebastien Defosse 10-28-2022 10:54
    Hello everyone,

I need your help to find a way to transfer an email, with #attachment, to an external address.

I need to be authentificate (a know sender email address) on SMTP to send an email.
    So I cannot keep the original sender for the transfer.

In composer I use the "Email Forward" block, and in the documentation, I read that "forward" and "redirect" type cannot change the from, but "reply to customer" can.

When I choose this one, I need to add customer address to the "exclude email addresses" option (the customer must not know that the email was transfered).
    The email is received, but not the attachment...
    So I've tried to use the "forward" type, but I received this message ==> Service 'Email' failed in method 'Forward' (ErrorCode=701 ErrorMsg=Unexpected error (null) null)

In #emailServer application options, "email-processing" I have the email address of the default sender in "ext-resource-incoming-address" and the "default-domain" is correctly set.

Have you any idea to unblock me ?

Thanks in advance,
    Sébastien Défossé

#DigitalChannels
    #RoutingandOrchestration(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Sebastien Defosse
    Niji SA ()
    ​​

• 2.  RE: EmailServer use transfer to external email address with attachment

Posted 06-01-2023 04:53

Hello everyone,

I found a solution to my issue.

I use in forward bloc a "redirect" method. So the "from" field are the original sender.

However, in my case, my custumer used a "EWS" protocol to connect to the mailbox. And this protocol forbiden an out email with an another identity. So we have changed the SMTP parameters to send out email by SMTP protocol and not by EWS.

Since this modification, we don't have any issue.

Enjoy.

Thanks,

Sébastien Défossé

Sebastien Defosse
    Niji SA (France)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources