Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Embedable framework restrict on certain queues

Posted 08-19-2022 08:25
    Can the embedable framework work with a restriction on certain queues?

We have the situation with one of our call centers that is devided in three different areas : services, mobility, medical. 
    All three have different and several queues.
    For the medical department we have succesfully being able to implement an embedable framework with a new developed application (now in testing fase). 

We run into the situation where an multiskilled agent is actived on multiple queues in different aereas that all calls end up in the embedable framework. 
    I.e. Agent has the medical application open. Is activated for a queue in medical (Queue: Medical new) and mobility (Queue: Mobility Abroad New) area. 
    When a call comes in for the Moblity queue, the embedable framework also reacts to this call. 

Is there a way that we can restrict that calls ONLY to the medical queue (Medical new) will be honered for the embedable framework within this new developed application. 

The situation will come that also for the moblity area a separate framework needs to be built that only works for the moblity calls/queues.

Hope I explained it correctly. Thanks.
    #Implementation
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Rolph Lieverse
    CED Nederland B.V.

• 2.  RE: Embedable framework restrict on certain queues

GENESYS
    Posted 08-22-2022 08:44
    That sort of restriction needs to come from the platform level, and/or the agent making the appropriate selection for the queues they are activated in.  If the call is delivered to the agent, there is no logic inherent to the embedded client (or any Genesys developed client application that I'm aware of) to reject the call based on external context, nor would that be a desirable outcome (in my opinion).  

All that said, it would certainly seem reasonable for the parent application (in this case the medical application that is embedding the client) to leverage the API to set the user's queue activation to only be for the queue associated with that application (i.e. the "medical app" sets queue activation to only the medical queue, "mobility app" only to the mobility queue, and so on).  This has the effect of limiting calls delivered to the agent to only come from the queue relevant to the application the user is occupying.  If you're leveraging the embeddable framework with your own Oauth client, this can be a pretty simple operation utilizing the user's authorization token to make the api call in the correct context.  Please see: https://developer.genesys.cloud/platform/embeddable-framework/actions/User/User.getAuthToken

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources