Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Exact difference between Set inactive and delete person

Posted 07-11-2024 00:13

Hi Team,

What is the exact difference between set inactive and delete person?
    I know that set Inactive is used when user is going on a leave or out for some time.
    I am unable to find the exact difference, I have gone through the below links.

Set a user as inactive or active - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

Delete someone from your organization - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

I have tried both and what I see is both options are behaving same, Could you please let me understand what exactly is the difference in both

#SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Rajath Kumar B R
    Cognizant Technology Solutions India Private Limited

• 2.  RE: Exact difference between Set inactive and delete person

GENESYS
    Posted 07-12-2024 17:06
    Edited by Cameron Tomlin 07-12-2024 17:07

Hello Rajath, 

I wanted to follow up on the difference between inactive and deleted users.

Inactive users will not be able to access Genesys Cloud but they will still be visible to in your users list and the roles they had upon being set to inactive, will be restored. 

Deleted users will be removed from all reporting and users list and roles will not be restored if reactivated. 

Both inactive and deleted users will still be able to be restored from their states.

Cheers, 

Cameron Tomlin
    Online Community Manager/Moderator
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Exact difference between Set inactive and delete person

Posted 07-14-2024 02:48
    Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the update, I have a scenario where I get a business request to delete a user: X today, July 14 and I get request from business on the month end July 31st to collect the login logout status of user: X for billing the user till July 14.

When I run the Agent performance/status report on July 31st, I will be not able to see the deleted user in the report. Since the user is already deleted.
    Is there any way to get the agent performance/status report for a deleted user ?

Currently we are pulling the deleted agents performance/status report by following these steps:

1. Restore the deleted user.
    2. Then run the Agent performance/status report.
    3. Delete the user again.

Rajath Kumar B R
    Cognizant Technology Solutions India Private Limited

• 4.  RE: Exact difference between Set inactive and delete person
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 07-15-2024 09:34

Hey Rajath,

I believe the steps of restoring the user, exporting the data and then deleting the user again is the best process to follow if you require data from an already deleted user.

Your other option could be to make sure all data required is collected before deleting the user or having an interim period where they are marked as inactive before deleting after x months.

Samuel Jillard
    Online Community Manager/Moderator
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources