PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  External Port Real Time monitoring

Posted 10-15-2022 11:31
    Hi All,

I am looking for a way to do real-time monitoring of our external port . the License Statistic view in ICBM look to just show you the highest number of external ports used in a 15 to 30 min period as it doesn't fall when calls hang-up and only changes down every so often.

Our IVR will now transfer a subset of calls to an external call center and while i am working on getting SIP REFER configured and working, want a way to verify these external transfers are only using one external port since i have stopped call recording on them.

Thank you,
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: External Port Real Time monitoring

Posted 10-17-2022 01:35
    If you want to limit the number of concurrent calls to a specific destination, you should consider to create an additional line in IC Administrator, limit the maximal concurrent calls there, and adjust the dialplan to route only the calls you want to limit to this new line.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 3.  RE: External Port Real Time monitoring

Posted 10-17-2022 08:30
    Hi Andreas,

thank you for you reply, but that is not what i am trying to do. I wanting to verify that our IVR external Transfers are not taking up 2 external ports and to do that I need to have a way to see in real time the number of external ports in use. ICBM license View isn't a real time view, but a snap shot of max license used over a period of time.

Thank you

Scott Williams

• 4.  RE: External Port Real Time monitoring

Posted 10-17-2022 08:51
    I'm not sure that I understand your demand. If you use SIP, and have an inbound call and forward it to a 3rd-party, the SIP signalling is still passing your CIC. This is a limitation of SIP and not CIC.
    You cannot say "Hey caller, I've forwarded your call to xxx, please talk directly with xxx and leave me alone".
    But (!) you can command the Media-Stream to be setup directly from the caller to the 3rd party destination, so the CIC is only seeing the SIP signalling traffic and not the RTP media. This feature is called "Direct audio". (I think CIC calls it "Audio path: Dynamic").
    Then you need to be sure that your Session Border Controller and the carrier is also supporting this.

To verify this, you should look at the CIC SIP log and SBC log for both calls (Customer-In and 3rd-Party-out). In the SDP-Body you can see the negotiated IP for RTP Media.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 5.  RE: External Port Real Time monitoring

Posted 10-17-2022 09:18
    We record all calls the moment it hits our IVR, so the RTP stream is anchored to our system. When I forward the call externally the call out can't use the same external port in our system, so it requires another external port (basic License) for the outbound call.

I am working on a custom handler to stop the recording before we transfer externally so that outbound call no longer requires to use a second external port instead use the same port the call came in on, now that the RTP stream isn't anchored to our system.  To verify that my handler is working i need to verify how many ports are currently in use...so i am asking on if there is a way to monitor external port usage in real time.

Once i have verified that the custom handler is working i can then start working on configuring sending a SIP REFER message to the carrier, which will completely remove the call from my system upon transfer.

Scott Williams

• 6.  RE: External Port Real Time monitoring

Posted 10-17-2022 10:10
    So I understand when you are talking about "ports" you don't mean some technical measurements (like "number of SIP sessions" or "calls waiting in queue),
    instead you need some proprietary information from the licensing subsystem, where the exact calculation (how "ports" are calculated from SIP Sessions, Media Streams etc.) is hidden.
    I don't know where you can grab the result of the license "ports used" calculation.
    But to get as closed as possible you should go to ICBM and use the "Interaction Supervisor => Call Activity" view and select "Line Queues" from the drop down menu.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources