Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Feedback on failed data actions

Posted 01-22-2023 19:38
    Hey All, 

I am curious to know how you monitor the failed data actions, 

we have an integration into Salesforce with a few data actions, such as checking if the account is active, creating leads, checking case history etc. 

I am curious to know how you monitor if a data action failed, for example if it fails to create a lead due to salesforce errors or something that has not been brought to our attention yet.

For the most part we do have a task in the failed actions but want to be a bit more proactive with it. 

I attempted to create a Genesys Generic Chat Notifications webhook, but as we disabled genesys cloud logins and force SSO that was not possible. I also attempted it to send an email, but we don't have agentless email

The only thing i can think of is writing it to a data table 

any other ideas?
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Richard

• 2.  RE: Feedback on failed data actions

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 01-22-2023 21:43

@Richard Dib You could use flow outcomes and flow milestones and then use the reporting associated with it to monitor and count the failed data actions.

Might need an lodge an idea to allow alerts or even triggers based on flow outcomes/milestones if you wanted to automate alerting someone. 
    Otherwise if just daily reporting is fine, this will suffice.

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: Feedback on failed data actions

Posted 01-23-2023 10:38
    I've been exploring how to proactively receive data action notifiaction failures as well.

Currently, I have an "Admin Monitoring" dashboard that counts Flow Outcomes for the Failed Data action outcome(s).

This is not exactly proactive as it needs to be monitored (kept as an open tab and periodically reviewed throughout the day) but gives a little more real time insight.

Whitney Sandene
    Colorado Springs Utilities

• 4.  RE: Feedback on failed data actions

GENESYS
    Posted 01-23-2023 11:32
    Richard,

Your idea to use a Generic Chat Notification integration is spot on.  I do that exact thing in my development environment all the time.  Are you having trouble installing the integration?  Even though you say you've disabled Genesys Cloud logins, some administrators must be able to login to Genesys Cloud to administer the system.  Maybe you could reach out to them and have them setup the integration for you so that you can then just call the Webhook URL to post those messages into the chat.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 5.  RE: Feedback on failed data actions

Posted 01-24-2023 16:16
    Hi Jim,

We have two orgs of Genesys, one for Dev / Testing and exploring new features other is Prod.

Our Dev org allows Genesys logins and the chat notifications works smoothly. Our Prod fails for some reason (i assume because we have Genesys logins disabled), I managed to install the Generic Chat Notifications Intergration and web service data actions, but for some reason when I test it the Generic Chat Notifications Intergration gets swithced off automatically with the below error. 

REST call for action execute failed. Message: Request to backend service failed. Response from web service: {"message":"Integration with token \"2ddeada7-8cf8-4f70-b822-ae6ca1343064\" is not enabled. Integration state: disabled","code":"INTEGRATION_NOT_ENABLED","statusCode":404,"correlationId":"0beae945-93e7-46c5-a8cb-1580f881ad45"}

Any idea how we can login as an administrator? I have full permissions on the system. 

Richard

• 6.  RE: Feedback on failed data actions

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2023 15:08
    Richard,

This is an easy one to fix...

Log into your Prod org as an administrator.  Go to Admin->Integrations.  Look for the Generic Chat Notification Integration that you created in the list of integrations and toggle the "Active" slider to activate that integration.  Once you do I'll bet your chat notifications start working.  Note, I make this mistake all the time myself :)

Let us know how it goes.

Jim Crespino
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Feedback on failed data actions

Posted 01-25-2023 15:59
    Hey Jim

The weird thing is its disabling on its own, 

so when i have it activated, i run the web service data action the chat notification integration automatically deactivates.

the only reason i assumed its failing is due to the Generic genesys cloud login being disabled, Configure Genesys Cloud to authenticate with SSO only - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

Richard

• 8.  RE: Feedback on failed data actions

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2023 17:06
    Very odd.  I'm going to request to connect with you so that I can send you a DM and then we can hop on a Zoom to troubleshoot.

Jim Crespino
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources