PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Finding SMS Phone Number

Posted 11-28-2023 14:09

We have alerts setup by a past Genesys administrator in ICBM that sent text messages from a phone number.  How can we find where that phone number is configured?  Have looked through ICBM, Interaction Admin, Interaction Attendant, and Interaction Designer and not finding it.

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Jon Mercer

• 2.  RE: Finding SMS Phone Number

Posted 11-28-2023 14:16

It sort of depends on what the alert content/trigger is.

It could be an ICBM alert sending to email using the phonenumber@carrier convention to send texts via email.
    If this is the case, I believe you can look at statalertserver logs while elevated to try to track this down.

It could be something driven by a scheduled task linked to events in event viewer on the server.
    If this is the case, you'd want to look at scheduled tasks on the IC server.

It could be handler driven, in that case, look at the IP logs for the number being texted.

There are other options, but those are the obvious places I'd look first.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Finding SMS Phone Number

Posted 11-28-2023 14:20

It is a handler in tools/manage alerts in ICBM, and we found where the SMS were going too in there but we are trying to find where the phone number that is sending the SMS is setup.

Jon Mercer

• 4.  RE: Finding SMS Phone Number

Posted 11-28-2023 14:22

In that case, turning IP logs tracing up should allow you to find the number being sent the text and tracing back the thread to the calling handler name.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 5.  RE: Finding SMS Phone Number

Posted 11-28-2023 14:28

Thanks, we found the handler name, we just are having issue finding where it is configured.

Jon Mercer

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources