Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime versus GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime

Posted 06-13-2022 13:34
    Hi,
    I would to ask what is the difference between FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime and GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime. Aside from the input parameter used ( FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime - String and  GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime - Queue ) ,  what would be their difference if I am planning to use one of them in an Inbound Call Flow?

Thank you.
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Michael Joseph Carreon
    Dexcom, Inc.

• 2.  RE: FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime versus GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime

Posted 06-17-2022 22:12
    Documentation is a bit vague on this.  

The GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime returns the estimated wait time information for a queue, and the FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime searches for a queue in the organization and returns estimated wait time information for it

As you can see it assumes the GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime is to be used in an In-queue Flow since it will know the queue.  The FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime lets you define a queue and get EWT before transferring to a queue. 

GetQueue looks like this:  GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime(FindQueue("Marketing"), "call")
    FindQueue looks like this: FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime("Marketing", "call")

From my point of view, they do the exact thing.

Of course I could be totally wrong on this.   There needs to be better definition of the expression values like these.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime versus GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime

Posted 06-17-2022 22:13
    Additional information, seems like GetQueue does EWT on the current conversation and FindQueue does for the Queue.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 4.  RE: FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime versus GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 06-26-2022 21:56
    Any clues on the difference then with 

Call.EstimatedWaitTime
    and
    GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime()

Is it just that with GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime() we can do additional filters, eg media type? But both do EWT on the current conversation?

Anton Vroon

• 5.  RE: FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime versus GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime

Posted 06-26-2022 22:30
    I believe so.  I could not really see any real difference beyond that.

Robert Wakefield-Carl

Sr. Dir. - Contact Center Innovation Architect

Email: RobertWC@avtex.com

Avtex

Direct: 949-268-5104

Office: 952-831-0888

avtex.com

• 6.  RE: FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime versus GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 06-27-2022 09:30
    Both functions look up EWT without any reference to the current conversation (if you want the current conversation's EWT, look at the Call.EstimatedWaitTime system variable in an inqueue flow).  Both function support the same extra parameters of media type(s).  GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime is not only for inqueue flows, remember you can create queue variables in other flows types.  If you've done so, GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime is more efficient than using FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime b/c we don't have to look up the queue for you.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime versus GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime

Posted 07-31-2023 17:07

@Melissa Bailey

Thank you for the explanation. Would you please help me understand the difference between the value returned by GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime() and Call.EstimatedWaitTime?

Is it that GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime() gets the estimated wait time of the queue based on historical data, and Call.EstimatedWaitTime returns the wait time for the current interaction in the same queue based on real time data?

Thanks!

Waqar Mahmood
    Herbalife International of America, Inc.

• 8.  RE: FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime versus GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime

GENESYS
    Posted 07-31-2023 19:25

They both take realtime & historical data into account.  

Call.EstimatedWaitTime is the EWT for the current interaction, which is why it only exists in inqueue flows.  It's automatically refreshed periodically for you and it will never show an increase in value, even if the real EWT goes up.  See the 2nd note section on https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/add-an-estimated-wait-time-action-to-a-task/

GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime gets the EWT for the specified queue, optionally letting you specify the media types to include in the calculation.  So pretend a new interaction was to go into that queue, how long would it wait for an agent.  This would not take into account any skills, priority, preferred agents, etc.  The value is a point-in-time check (so not updated unless you do another GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime), and the flow will not alter the value like it potentially does with Call.EstimatedWaitTime.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: FindQueueEstimatedWaitTime versus GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime

Posted 08-21-2023 13:42

@Melissa Bailey

Thanks for the response. I have some follow-up questions.

We see a difference in the values we get from Call.EstimatedWaitTime and GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime when we make both calls in the same inqueue flow fairly close in time to each other. We do not specifiy a channel for the latter because the queue in question only supports voice.

We are using the estimated wait time to determine whether or not to offer a courtesy callback. According to the second note (to which you refer) we should not use Call.EstimatedWaitTime since we are making a routing decision. So that tells me that we should use GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime for this decision. But I would have expected the wait time for the current interaction (Call.EstimatedWaitTime) to be more accurate than the wait time for the current queue (GetQueueEstimatedWait). My objective is to understand which is better to use and why. Here are some more questions:

1. What would cause the Call.EstimatedWaitTime to be different from GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime if they are both called at the start of the first iteration of the inqueue flow?
    2. You said that GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime does not look at skills, priority, preferred agents, etc. Does Call.EstimatedWaitTime look at these parameters?
    3. Am I correct that GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime should be used to make the decision about whether to offer courtesy callback? I see that one advantage of using GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime is that it follows the real EWT. If the estimated wait time is below our threshhold for offering courtesy callback when the inqueue flow is first entered then the courtesy callback would never be offered if we continue to look at Call.EstimatedWaitTime. However, it would be offered if the EWT goes up and we use GetQueueEstimatedWaitTime.
    4. Is there any advantage of looking at Call.EstimatedWaitTime (other than that it would not increase if we are announcing it to callers)?

Thanks!

Waqar Mahmood
    Herbalife International of America, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources