Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  First ask for slot question being ignored when resuming conversation within 72 hours

Posted 05-26-2023 02:23

Hello team,

Wondering if anyone experiences the same like me as below with conversation auto start set to ON.

If a customer tries to resume the conversation within 72 hours by typing "hi" in the messenger, the first ask for slot question just end up being ignored, and "hi" becomes allocated to the variable under the slot result. The digital bot flow moves on straight to the next ask for slot question. 

Any workaround for scenario like this would be much appreciated. 

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Cin Cin

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)

------------------------------
    Cincin Ku
    Genesis Energy

• 2.  RE: First ask for slot question being ignored when resuming conversation within 72 hours

Posted 05-26-2023 02:33

Hi Cincin

Can you please throw a quick screenshot of how your messaging flow looks between start and it calling the bot flow and how the bot flow looks for the first and second ask slot positions?  Is it possible you have something checking if that first slot already has a value?

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: First ask for slot question being ignored when resuming conversation within 72 hours

Posted 06-09-2023 00:24

Hi Vaun,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I'm fairly new to the web messaging and digital bot so I'm not certain if I'm doing it correctly.

Basically what we want to do is to have 3 menus for customer to choose from (sales, moving, other enquiries), this is done via our Digital Bot 1. Based on the menu selection we would prompt a different set of questions to collect some information from the customer, this is done via Digital Bot 2 or Digital Bot 3.

Here comes the question, on a fresh interaction all works fine, if customer comes back within 72 hours threading timeline it works fine as well.

If a browser tab remains open for over 72 hours, the first Ask for Slot is getting filled by first message sent by the customer. As a result, the first question is never asked, it will skip straight to the next question "And your phone number please?"

I did a logical check for session.LastCollectionUtterance before step 32 and it was empty. 

If you could provide me some insights or any workaround to improve it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Cincin 

Cincin Ku
    Genesis Energy

• 4.  RE: First ask for slot question being ignored when resuming conversation within 72 hours

Posted 06-09-2023 01:14

Hi Cincin

Each of those "Update Data" tasks look unnecessary.  Your ask for slot result will already be assigned to a variable.

Vaun McCarthy

• 5.  RE: First ask for slot question being ignored when resuming conversation within 72 hours

Posted 06-12-2023 23:14

Thanks Vaun, I've removed all the update data actions.

Looks like it's the expected behaviour. We have the conversation auto start set to ON, but the conversation cannot be started automatically if the web messaging remains open after 72 hours, the first Ask for Slot will be filled by first message sent by the customer.

Cincin Ku
    Genesis Energy

• 6.  RE: First ask for slot question being ignored when resuming conversation within 72 hours

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 06-13-2023 00:23

It will depend where the customer was up to when they resume, if they were up to the 3rd slot then resume and say hi, then the 3rd slot will try to be filled with hi.

So somethings to consider is, telling the customer, hey you can pick up at any point, we will know where you were up to last time or something along those lines. 

Or, and I hate working with regular expressions, but have you thought about ensuring the word hi, hello etc are not valid inputs for the slot? So that at least it will then go down the no match path?

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources