Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  GCBA - will it not work if running on an older version?

Posted 05-01-2023 11:52

I had version 1.0.160 installed as of this morning and my Screen recording had stopped working. I show that on April 18th an updated version was released, but i placed test calls on April 24th and they still recorded with version 1.0.160 installed. I downloaded the latest version (1.0.179) this morning and it is still not working today.

Is the expectation that GCBA will not record screens if a new version has been released and the computer has an older version? If the latest version of GCBA must be installed for it to function, roughly how often is it expected to get an updated version? 

#Implementation
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Kellyn DuBois
    Lumen Technologies Service Group, LLC

• 2.  RE: GCBA - will it not work if running on an older version?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-02-2023 13:13

Unless in exceptional circumstances, an older version of GCBA will continue to work.  Based on what you are describing, since even the latest version still didn't work, I am not sure if the older version is the issue.
    Take a look at the troubleshooting FAQ, and if that doesn't resolve it, please contact Genesys Care for help.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 3.  RE: GCBA - will it not work if running on an older version?

Posted 05-05-2023 04:27

GCBA is also not working for me.

My issue is I receive the following errors when the GCBA is running 
    "Ping failed in GcbaBrowser process"

Status
    Unauthorized

["Failed to ping Gcba: Error: Ajax authorization failed: Ping failed in GcbaBrowser process"]

Running https://127.0.0.1:8191/version appears to be working as expected but the screen recording is not working.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and has a solution to fix it?

Calvin Minton
    Computershare

• 4.  RE: GCBA - will it not work if running on an older version?

Posted 10-31-2023 04:08

Hi Calvin,

Did you manage to get this "Ping failed in GcbaBrowser process" issue resolved? I am facing the same issue. 

Please share the resolution steps if possible.

Thanks,

Saran

Saran Subbaiya
    Woolworths Limited

• 5.  RE: GCBA - will it not work if running on an older version?

Posted 10-31-2023 05:04

Hi Saran,

No sadly not and we gave up on it and continuing with the full desktop client for now.

In VDI, the only way we could get this to work was to install the APP on the OS layer which does not suit the way we run our VDI environment so for now have abandoned it.

Regards,

Calvin Minton
    Computershare Technology Services, Inc.

• 6.  RE: GCBA - will it not work if running on an older version?

Posted 11-01-2023 21:56

Thanks a lot Calvin for the quick reply !

For me the setup is working perfect if I am login from office network. but it is failing when I connect from home. I am working with my network engineer to fix this issue. I will keep you posted if any luck :) 

Ping user: https://127.0.0.1:8191/ping/d21daef7-0efc-404a-xxxxx-8b58axxxx

the above request  is failing with 401 unauthorize error 

but the same working from office network 

From GCBA logs :

2023-11-01 09:30:36.4622|0|INFO|GcbaMain.Services.PipeServerMessageService|Received AUTH response message from client for userId : d21daef7xxxxxx with status SUCCESS 
    2023-11-01 09:30:37.3431|0|INFO|GcbaMain.Controllers.SessionManagementController|Ping user: user:xxxxxxxx userid:dxxxxxxxx, org:5xxxxxxxxx, environment: mypurecloud.com.au 
    2023-11-01 09:30:37.3445|0|ERROR|GcbaBrowser.Services.PipeClientMessageService|GcbaWebApp instance is null or WebRTC SDK is not active for userId : xxxxxxxx
    2023-11-01 09:30:37.3447|0|INFO|GcbaMain.Services.PipeServerMessageService|Received PING response message from client for userId : xxxxxxx with status FAILURE 
    2023-11-01 09:30:37.3448|0|INFO|GcbaMain.Controllers.SessionManagementController|Ping failed in GcbaBrowser process 

Saran Subbaiya
    Woolworths Limited

• 7.  RE: GCBA - will it not work if running on an older version?

Posted 2 days ago

Hi Saran

Did you manage to resolve this issue? We have just started using GCBA at home as well as the office. Screens are recording with no issues in the office but when working from home we are seeing the same errors you have in your logs.

I have checked & cannot see anything being blocked or dropped.

Thanks

Phil

Phil Robinson
    Coventry Building Society

• 8.  RE: GCBA - will it not work if running on an older version?

Posted yesterday

Hi Phil,

No, we are waiting for Genesys to release the new GCBA version which can support Proxy  / VPN setup users.  Our Genesys partner confirmed that current version of GCBA can't support the users on Proxy or VPN setup

We are waiting the following Genesys IDEA to get it delivered :) 

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/OPPTAV-I-5?utm_source=idea_mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=subscribers_status_change

Please vote for this IDEA if possible 

TEL-I-369 /

OPPTAV-I-5

Thanks,

Saran

Saran Subbaiya
    Woolworths Group Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources