Genesys Cloud - Beta HQ

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Agent Assist Transcription (Voice) with Physical Edges

Posted 05-21-2023 22:20

Hey all,

Just wanted to see if anyone else had issues with Voice Agent Assist not working when using physical edges.
    I assume it's because of the processing time of the edge device that it's not able to pull the transcript quick enough to present articles but wondering if anyone had any success with any workarounds for this?

I've enabled low latency in the Speech & Text Analytics options as well in hopes that it would operate quicker however it didn't seem to help.

Thanks in advanced

#BetaAnnouncement
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Josh Civitareale
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 2.  RE: Genesys Agent Assist Transcription (Voice) with Physical Edges

Posted 05-22-2023 03:11

Hi Josh,

Transcription occurs post call with Physical Edges once the recording is uploaded. Therefore Agent Assist would not be available with an on premise Edge.

• With a BYOC Premises telephony connection, the transcription occurs after the recording has been completed and uploaded, and depends on the length of the interaction. As a general rule of thumb, this takes about half the length of the interaction. As an example, once a 10-minute interaction has finished and is uploaded to the cloud, it will take around 5 minutes for the transcription to complete and become available to end users. As a result, no real-time capabilities/use cases are supportable with this type of configuration..

Richard Chandler
    Connect

• 3.  RE: Genesys Agent Assist Transcription (Voice) with Physical Edges

Posted 05-22-2023 04:05

Thanks for that Richard! I figured that would be the case - was hoping that there would be a way around it. Good to be aware of this for on prem edge customers :)

Josh Civitareale
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources