Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Browser: Audio Device Profiles

Posted 21 days ago
    Edited by Jaime Perez 13 days ago

Hello,

I'm hoping to get clarity on how the Audio Device Profile stores information across different browsers and equipment. For example, if a user receives a laptop replacement and an audio profile was created on their previous laptop, should Geneys know to transfer over to the audio device profile to the new device?

Do we know what happens if a user resets their browser settings to default? Does Genesys store the audio device profile and should it be accessible after? Do we know if any specific troubleshooting steps delete the stored audio device profile information when using different browsers or equipment? I.e., clearing cache, deleting cookies, history and or resetting browser to default settings.

I checked the article in the resource center and there is a reference about "Genesys Cloud associates your audio profile with your user and stores the profile in the cloud." However, I see no specific information on how the stored audio device profiles work across different devices , browsers and or after troubleshooting by deleting cookies, history, or resetting a browser to default.

Thank you.

#Telephony
    #BasicFeatures

#BasicFunctions
    ------------------------------
    Jaime Perez
    Great American Insurance Company

• 2.  RE: Genesys Browser: Audio Device Profiles

Posted 9 days ago

Indeed these are stored in a db service in Genesys Cloud and not locally.  How they work across devices is not something I have seen documentation on.  @David Van Milligan or @Jason Earle-Henson, could you shed some light on this and possibly get a resource article out there for how they are stored, what affects that storage and what happens across devices, browsers, and computers for this storage.  Thanks.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources