Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Cloud Cx_Architect - Menu selection timeout to be route to a queue.

Posted 15 days ago

Hello everyone - I'm seeking assistance with setting up a specific feature in Genesys Cloud CX Architect related to inbound flows. Specifically, I'm trying to configure a menu option where if a caller doesn't make a selection within a certain timeframe (let's say after three repeats of the menu options), I want the caller to be automatically routed to a specific queue.

I've been exploring the options within Architect, but I haven't been able to find a straightforward way to configure this behavior. Could someone please guide me on how to set up menu selection timeout routing in Architect, particularly to route callers to a specific queue after a set number of repeats?

Your expertise and insights would be greatly appreciated.

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Thanks,

Saravana Kumar M.

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud Cx_Architect - Menu selection timeout to be route to a queue.

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 15 days ago

On the Menu, select the number of times to repeat, the timeout duration etc.

And then the default menu choice for when those thresholds are reached

And then in the Task, just do a transfer to ACD action.

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: Genesys Cloud Cx_Architect - Menu selection timeout to be route to a queue.

Posted 6 days ago

Thanks, Anton. It worked.

But when I create a new sub-option under the main menu, it is asking me to select any DTMF (I selected #) to get saved and that sub-option I added to the Default Menu Choice. Why do we need to update a DTMF here as we are creating this sub-option for default menu options like timeout and repeat?

Thanks,

Saravana Kumar M.
    Accenture LLP

• 4.  RE: Genesys Cloud Cx_Architect - Menu selection timeout to be route to a queue.

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 6 days ago

That is just they way menu's work in Genesys Cloud, each menu option, including default options, needs to have either a dtmf option or a Speech Recognition entry (which could be anything). Why Genesys set it up that way, I don't know, but I can guess at a few reasons.

You can always put a feature request through on the the Ideas portal to request the ability to have a menu option with no dtmf/speechrecognition for defaults.

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources