Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Cloud for Salesforce - Related To field

GENESYS
    Posted 11 days ago

Hi,

i have a question, why i cannot see the Related To field under the Activity Field Mapping:

i'm using an extension point as custom flow, but enabling the Interaction Log and Editing:

the Related To field should be filled by default from what i understood from doc(Synchronize interaction attributes with Salesforce activity records - Genesys Cloud Resource Center), instead all the field are ok except Related To.

In this case i want to use a data action in the flow that search the Account from Phone and pass the Account ID, as partecipant data, to SFDC and i want to map it under the configuration. Can you give me the way to have the field visible on the Activity Field Mapping?

#Integrations

------------------------------
    Alessandro Iuliano
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud for Salesforce - Related To field

GENESYS
    Posted 10 days ago

The name and related to fields are populated from Call Logging UI withing the client.  The selection can be initially populated by the screenpop or by the user navigation within Salesforce (if that is configured in your call center).  Here's a good video that covers all of this: https://help.mypurecloud.com/video/call-logging/

For your specific scenario, if you screenpop to the account record, then it will be the "related to"/"whatId" automatically.  

Additionally, there is the option to use the custom events to programatically set the call log associations regardless of what happened on the screenpop, agent navigation, etc.  https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/events-in-salesforce/#add-asso-light

Basically, because the Name and Related To fields are contextually driven from within the conversation, they are not listed within the attributes mapping section, but rather are expected to be updated via screenpop, navigation, agent entry, or via the custom events.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Genesys Cloud for Salesforce - Related To field

GENESYS
    Posted 10 days ago

Hi Richard,

thanks for answering my question. I'll try to configure the custom event to populate the related to field.

Thanks again

Alessandro Iuliano
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Genesys Cloud for Salesforce - Related To field

GENESYS
    Posted 10 days ago

before you go down that route, keep in mind that if you have the account number from your data dip, you can use that to perform your screenpop which will set the name/related to (depending on what you're screenpopping) in the call log automatically.  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources