View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

• 1.  Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 01-16-2023 23:17
    Hi Everyone,

I was following the thread by @Anton Vroon from last week on the Agent Auto Anwer UI Change (original thread can be viewed here) and would like to pass along some official communications around the recent UI Call Alerting Changes.

Persistent Ringing Defect 

Genesys Cloud deployed a code fix on January 7, 2023, to resolve an existing defect involving auto-answered calls for agents using WebRTC stations. The defect caused agents to hear an unexpected ringtone through the notification audio device in the user interface (usually a device other than the headset agents use for WebRTC audio).  

Expected Behavior 

When Auto Answer is enabled, it is expected that agents will be notified by either a whisper tone or a whisper audio prompt. If a whisper audio prompt is not configured, on the queue or in the Architect call flow, calls are immediately connected to agents followed by a whisper audio tone. (Whisper Tone is a single beep tone played through the agents Headset\WebRTC audio device.) This tone notifies agents they are receiving an incoming interaction and generally, occurs through the agent headset.  

Enhanced Expected Behavior

A new feature has been added that presents a visual pop-up to agents using the Genesys Cloud CX User Interface (UI) for browsers and the desktop application when Interactions view is not in focus.  This feature is expected to auto dismiss after 5 seconds. 

Recommendation for Change of Behavior 

If you want an enhanced audible alert through the agents' headset in conjunction with Auto Answer, configure Whisper prompts on your queues and/or in your architect flows.  

For information on how to do this and for expected behavior, please see  

Note: If agents do not typically maintain continuous usage of their WebRTC audio device, we recommended that you discontinue use of Auto Answer. A normal ringtone plays when an agent is set to manually accept interactions.  

For more information, see 

#PlatformAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Gabe Ladios
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

Posted 01-17-2023 06:05
    Thank you @Gabe Ladios for detailed information,
    regarding this:

Enhanced Expected Behavior 
    A new feature has been added that presents a visual pop-up to agents using the Genesys Cloud CX User Interface (UI) for browsers and the desktop application when Interactions view is not in focus.  This feature is expected to auto dismiss after 5 seconds. 
    The visual pop-up remains and it's not dismissed, but need to explicitly close it. ​

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 3.  RE: Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 01-19-2023 09:20
    Hi Rasko,

I apologize for getting back you just now as I have been out of the office. From what I have encountered earlier today. There will be a partial rollback of the code that was released to address some underlying issues with inconsistent playing of audio when a call is delivered to an agent.  However, this does not rollback the removal of the 'bug' where the ring tone was incorrectly playing before connecting an auto-answer call nor did I see any details addressing the visual pop up not being dismissed automatically. 

The product support teams are validating issues are they are reported and it might be good to open a case with support so that an engineer can Identify the underlying reason as to why the expected behavior is functioning as it was designed.

Warm regards,
    Gabe

Gabe Ladios
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 01-26-2023 16:34
    The visual notification not auto dismissed was determined to be a bug and a fix to address it is planned to go out this weekend.

Rick Phung
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

Posted 01-27-2023 02:20
    Edited by Rasko Radojevic 01-27-2023 02:20
    Hello @Ricky Phung and @Gabe Ladios thank your for the comments and responses,
    Based on that we may assume that next week the issue should be resolved.

I appreciate your time to respond here
    Regards​​

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 6.  RE: Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 01-27-2023 12:50
    Hi @Rasko Radojevic assuming no issue with deploying the fix, user should experience the change in behavior next week.​​

Rick Phung
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

Posted 01-17-2023 12:56
    Gabe,
    I have a customer who is really hurting from this change. We want to set the whisper to be the ringtone, but we are struggling to find the WAV for it. Can you supply a link to the audio file to let us create a prompt to use?
    Also, my customer makes extensive use of the desktop App. It seems that not all agents have been affected and we suspect it's down to App version. Can you confirm what version of the App contained this update?
    Thank you!

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 8.  RE: Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 01-19-2023 09:55
    Hi Paul,

My sincerest apologies for just getting to you now. I've asked about a direct link to a ringtone WAV file and I'm waiting to hear back from from the folks I've asked. However, I was also doing some reading in the help pages and I saw a section where the whisper can be set when creating or cofiguring queues under https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-queues/

Its a page with tons of detail but when you scroll down there is a section titled "Set behavior and threshold for all interaction types" and within this section is an article about choosing the prompt for the Whisper Audio. I am uncertain if this is the section where you are having difficulty finding the ringtone prompt.

I'm in the process in getting some clarity on the app version and will pass along the details I get soonest.

Warm regards,
    Gabe

Gabe Ladios
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

Posted 01-19-2023 13:53
    Thanks Gabe,
    Yes, that is exactly what we were planning on doing, but we lacked the "official" audio file to be able to do it. Care has now provided it for us (although for some reason it was an MP3!!!) so we are good to go.
    I would appreciate a definitive application version. So far, the best I have is "Somewhere between Dev - 2.129.0 203 and Dev - 2.128.0 202"
    I'm guessing (hoping) Genesys has learned something from this experience ;-)

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 10.  RE: Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

Posted 02-02-2023 08:23
    Paul, did you get the audio file of the ring they used to get?

Penny Petrie
    Camis Inc

• 11.  RE: Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

Posted 02-06-2023 17:11
      |   view attached
    We did, yes. I have uploaded what they sent me, if you need it.

(Note: They sent me an MP3, so you will probably need to transcode it.)

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 12.  RE: Genesys Cloud - UI Call Alerting and Recent Issues

GENESYS
    Posted 02-01-2023 01:43

I'm adding the link to this recent community post from one of our Senior Directors in Product Management regarding Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

This outlines the current state of things, what is envisioned to come and and available options via Professional Services.

Gabe Ladios
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources