Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Desktop App - Crashing

Posted 01-30-2023 16:35
    Hello Community!

In one of our tenants (US East), we started to roll out the Desktop App v. 2.19.704 due to the 'fix' for the interaction freezing issue when running new Intel gen processors.  Our rollout started about a week ago.  One of our call center supervisors (home user/broadband connection) noticed that when looking thru interactions, that she would get a blue circle as the data in the interactions are trying to render.  Then the app would bomb out/reload  Below is a screenshot.

I could replicate the same exact scenario as the user, different computer, different ISP and region of the US.  So I uninstalled that version, rebooted and then installed an older version 2.16.671 which is what users in this tenant were upgrading from.

Same exact scenario presented itself.  Spinning blue circle, circle freezes, interaction data presented then app reload.  Scenario was loading up all interactions for January, filtered by email and by user and pressing the > at bottom to get to deeper pages back in history, then opening an interaction.

Anyone else or is it just us again  :)  ?

#PlatformAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 2.  RE: Genesys Desktop App - Crashing

GENESYS
    Posted 01-31-2023 09:27
    Edited by Brian Dupuis 01-31-2023 09:27
    Hi Steve,

Could you clarify precisely what behavior is happening? Your title implies that the desktop app itself (the Windows/Mac process) is crashing but your description seems to indicate that the Genesys Cloud web application hosted in the desktop app is reloading. I just want to ensure we're discussing the right thing.

Thanks!

Brian Dupuis
    Genesys - Employees - Sr. Director, PureCloud UI

• 3.  RE: Genesys Desktop App - Crashing

Posted 01-31-2023 11:28

Hi Brian,

Users are using the Genesys Desktop Application Win32 client.
    in the scenarios we've investigated, we'll get a blue circle spinning in the center of the desktop application
    Then the blue circle will stop spinning.
    Genesys app will flash, disappear, then reappear showing the reloading as shown in my screen capture.
    The user will then be brought back to their profile page and have to navigate back to the place where the application 'crashed', 'reloaded' or 'became unstable'.  Which ever term you would like to use.
    I do not see any application event logs for Genesys when this occurs (Windows).

Scenarios:

Moving from a Queue Activity detail to another Queue Activity Detail

Architect / Prompts and going back to Queue Activity Detail (also received "user no longer has permissions for workspace"

Looking thru pages of interactions and selecting one

Does not happen every single time in these scenarios.

Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 4.  RE: Genesys Desktop App - Crashing

GENESYS
    Posted 01-31-2023 11:34
    Thanks Steve for that info! Clearly that's not expected behavior. Do you have the ability to try this in a browser to see if there's any behavioral difference? Could I recommend that you open a ticket with CARE for this issue so that we can track it?

Brian Dupuis
    Genesys - Employees - Sr. Director, PureCloud UI

• 5.  RE: Genesys Desktop App - Crashing

Posted 02-01-2023 01:39
    Edited by Jeff Hoogkamer 02-01-2023 01:40

Edit - Nevermind, just re-read your comments properly and you mentioned there were no windows events.

Cheers,

Jeff

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources