Genesys DX (formerly Bold360)

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys DX (Bold360) EOL and EOS Announcement

GENESYS
    Posted 03-29-2023 09:47
    Edited by Anthony Romero 01-19-2024 17:22

All good things must come to an end. 

Following the acquisition of Bold360 from LogMeIn, the overall Genesys strategy has always been to move features from Bold360 to the Genesys Cloud platform.  We've followed through on that initiative, with highlights such as releasing a Knowledge Optimizer feature to Genesys Cloud that offers ease-of-use knowledge management and having debuted an agent workspace that closely mirrors the agent experience on Genesys DX (Bold360). 

In addition, Genesys has made a strong commitment to Genesys Cloud, tightening the portfolio to further accelerate feature growth on the platform. That also involved introducing additional packages as part of Genesys Cloud, including two digital only license options that debuted in November of 2022 as well as our AI Experience offering that allows Genesys Cloud customers to consume comprehensive AI capabilities at a fixed per agent price. 

As a result, Genesys Cloud will continue to improve and outpace Genesys DX. Consequently, the difficult decision has been made to end of life Genesys DX on January 31st, 2024. The platform itself will be shut down the first week of March, 2024, with this to start March 1st, 2024 and conclude March 5th, 2024.

We are reaching out to customers and encouraging them to take advantage of the wealth of functionality offered through Genesys Cloud. In the interim, we want to provide this post as well as an FAQ below to answer common inquiries related to this announcement. 

Q. What does this mean for me as a customer of Genesys DX? 

A. You can continue to use Genesys DX through the end of January, 2024, which is the end of life and end of service date. We encourage customers on DX, though, to look into leveraging the digital capabilities of Genesys Cloud CX. 

Q. What happens after January 31st?

A The platform will be accessible in February to allow our customers time to retrieve data from their accounts. End-user features (support center, chatbots etc.) may function during this period also. Account access and end-user features will cease to operate after 3/1.

Q. When will this Product End of Life (EOL) announcement go into effect? 

A. All current Genesys DX (Bold360) customers have already been notified. 

Q. What does this mean for how you support me? 

A. We will continue to provide customer success support through the end date of January, 2024 with Genesys DX (Bold360). 

Q. Will there be any further feature development for Genesys DX? 

A. No, as mentioned focus has been isolated toward supporting the Genesys Cloud platform and as a result additional feature development has stopped for Genesys DX (Bold360). 

Q. Will bug fixes still be released before Genesys DX enters End of Life (EOL)? 

A. While major security and bugs are monitored, there will be no additional bug fixes released onto the Genesys DX (Bold360) platform unless determined necessary by the Genesys Security team. 

Q. Is there any advice for getting needed data off the platform before the shut down date?

A. Admins should look to extract the necessary data from the platform before the March 1st, 2024, date. There will be no extensions past that point. This historical data from your account is available to retrieve via data extraction APIs (Bold360 APIs and Nanorep APIs). 

Q. Have other Genesys DX users moved to Genesys Cloud CX? 

A. Yes. Additionally, hundreds of Genesys Cloud customers (and growing daily) have taken advantage of the capabilities added to the Genesys Cloud platform, including Knowledge Workbench, search optimizer, Web Messenger, the Knowledge Portal and more. 

Q. How do I get started with Genesys Cloud CX? 

A. Please reach out to your account representative who will be happy to discuss Genesys Cloud CX with you in more detail. If you don't have an account representative, you can explore Genesys Cloud CX here: https://www.genesys.com/capabilities/digital  

------------------------------
    Coty Smith
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Genesys DX (Bold360) EOL and EOS Announcement

Posted 03-30-2023 08:12

Thank you for the announcement.

Is there a way to access a demo version of the product so that people like me, who currently use Genesys DX, can familiarize themselves with the new product before the migration happens for their company? Thanks in advance!

Arianna Russo Hernandez

• 3.  RE: Genesys DX (Bold360) EOL and EOS Announcement

Posted 03-30-2023 08:31

I was wondering the same thing, what about it ? 

Thx,

Adrien.

Adrien Ransbotyn
    Business & Decision Benelux SA

• 4.  RE: Genesys DX (Bold360) EOL and EOS Announcement
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 03-30-2023 10:54

Great question on getting your hands on a demo version to test.

I would recommend reaching out to your customer success manager on this topic to see what can be arranged.

We do have a North America program for a demo version of Genesys Cloud CX, called GCXNow, but this will likely be more voice oriented rather than digital oriented which is why going the CSM route would be recommended.

Anthony Romero
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Genesys DX (Bold360) EOL and EOS Announcement

GENESYS
    Posted 12-18-2023 19:05

Hi everyone,

Wanted to note that this post has been updated. Genesys DX is still set to end-of-life early next year, but the shutdown date is now March 1st, 2024, with it totally being shutdown by March 4th, 2024.

In addition, the opening post also includes mention of extracting necessary data from the platform, which needs to be done before the March 1st, 2024, date. This historical data from your account is available to retrieve via data extraction APIs (Bold360 APIs and Nanorep APIs).  

Anthony Romero
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Genesys DX (Bold360) EOL and EOS Announcement

Posted 12-19-2023 13:30

Hi @Anthony Romero, thank you for providing this update. I just want to clarify that we will have full access to the Bold360/Genesys DX Platform as we do today and that the functionality will still be the same as it is today through the March 1st, 2024 date, is that correct? I can still access my account, our chat deployments will still show up to visitors, and visitors can still chat with my agents through that March 1st, 2024 date if I understand correctly, can you confirm for my peace of mind? Much appreciated.

Tim Bryan
    Conversion Logix, LLC

• 7.  RE: Genesys DX (Bold360) EOL and EOS Announcement

GENESYS
    Posted 12-19-2023 13:58
    Edited by Anthony Romero 12-19-2023 13:58

Hi Tim,

The official end of life date is still January 31st. While after that date the platform will still be accessible, functionality may be impacted. There is a chance that there might be no disruption in service, but we are expecting things like reporting to be impacted along with certain functions like screen sharing. Just to set expectations, the period after January 31st and until March 1st is envisioned to give additional time to begin shifting off of the platform and to access any historical data they may need to be exported out.

Thanks for asking to clarify on this point too, Tim.

Anthony Romero
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Genesys DX (Bold360) EOL and EOS Announcement

Posted 20 hours ago

I am coming in very late to this, but it is because I haven't run across any Bold360/DX customers until now. 
    As luck and timing would have it, I now have one that has instances of both the original and also DX. They have asked for all data extraction. We're capable of doing that on our own, but if the APIs still exist, they are obviously the best way to go.

Was the last API access date a hard cut off?

Kevin Brown
    Miratech, Inc
    United States

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources