PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys environment URL differentiation

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 24 days ago

Hello Team,

Is there an approach to determine the Genesys environment URL differentiation to avoid misunderstanding when implementing changes? Because our organization uses two Genesys accounts to create an independent Dev and Production environment.

#AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    Ravi Theja Panem
    Individual Only Contact Account

• 2.  RE: Genesys environment URL differentiation

Posted 24 days ago

I'm assuming you have different DNS records and different server names for the environment.  I'm really not sure what other differences you need to key off of.  I may be entirely missing something from your inquiry, though.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Genesys environment URL differentiation

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 24 days ago

different DNS records and different server names for the environment. Is it feasible to manage a single DNS to differentiate between both of them DNS? 

Ravi Theja Panem

• 4.  RE: Genesys environment URL differentiation

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 24 days ago
    Edited by Ravi Theja Panem 24 days ago

Thanks for the response Aaron. Different DNS records and different server names for the environment. Is it feasible to manage a single DNS to differentiate between both of them Server? 

Ravi Theja Panem

• 5.  RE: Genesys environment URL differentiation

Posted 24 days ago

I'm not sure I'm understanding your attempted use case.  Normally you'd want to have as much delineation between production environments and staging/development environments as possible to eliminate potential confusion.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources