Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Scripts

Posted 03-06-2024 10:38

Hello Community!

I am working on a project that our sales and customer care teams would transfer customers to a call flow that would have them take a survey based on their voice interaction.  Our organization has built a survey bot using AWS Lex.  This bot is fully integrated in Genesys, but I'm having issues with coming up with the best way for our team to transfer customers to this bot.

I know I can create a call flow with a phone number and have the associates blind transfer to this flow, but that takes a lot of manual process.

I would like to build a script that would route a customer to this flow, but I'm having issues with navigating the script process.  It looks like I can transfer to a secure call flow which would mean that interaction is not recorded which we want it to be so we can evaluate that survey.  I haven't seen an option to create a scripter function to transfer to an inbound call flow or to put a phone number with it.

Any ideas on the best way to approach this?

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Matthew Aubin
    Raymours Furniture Company, Inc. d/b/a Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattresses

• 2.  RE: Genesys Scripts

Posted 03-06-2024 11:42

Hi Matthew,

You can use scripter:Blind Transfer for the button, and then use X@localhost.com" for the Insert Variable value, where X is the Flow ID for your survey flow.  It will then Blind Transfer the call your flow.  

Thank you,

Jason Tripp
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Genesys Scripts

Posted 03-08-2024 16:18

Hi Jason,

I appreciate your assistance with this very much!

After accomplishing this, I'm reviewing the interaction recording and the system still says it is going to a secure flow.  I was hoping this blind transfer process would give us a recording.  Any ideas related to this?

Thank you,

Matt A.

Matthew Aubin
    Raymours Furniture Company, Inc. d/b/a Raymour & Flanigan Furniture and Mattresses

• 4.  RE: Genesys Scripts

Posted 03-08-2024 16:36

Matthew,  

Are you calling your Lex Bot from an inbound flow or a secure flow?  If it's the latter, you'll need build and inbound flow and call the Lex Bot from there.  Just make sure you don't disable call recording in the flow you build.

Jason Tripp
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Genesys Scripts

Posted 03-08-2024 16:49

Jason,

I am calling the bot in an inbound call flow. Call recording is enabled and that box is not checked.  I'm not sure why it's defaulting as a secure flow.

Thank you,

Matthew Aubin

• 6.  RE: Genesys Scripts

Posted 03-11-2024 10:35

Do you have a Secure Flow with the same name, perhaps?

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 7.  RE: Genesys Scripts

Posted 03-12-2024 08:44

Good Morning Paul,

I have a similar flow created, but it has a different name and I am using the flow id from the inbound call flow.  Do you think I should delete the secure flow to see what happens?

Thank you,

Matthew Aubin

• 8.  RE: Genesys Scripts

Posted 03-12-2024 08:56

Hmm.

Couple of things to try, starting with the obvious!

Have you made sure the new script has been published? (I've been caught out by that in both Scripts and Flows before now!)

I always thought the X@localhost used the flow name, not ID, you could try that.

I'm not sure deleting the SF will help - if it is trying to route to that and it's not there, you will most likely get an error.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 9.  RE: Genesys Scripts

Posted 03-13-2024 14:31

Hi Paul,

I figured this out and was able to successfully have the survey recorded with the call!

I did not removed the secure flow scripter within the button, I was only adjusting it in the variable.

Just for future reference, you have to put the flow id, the name did not work so thank you Jason for that tip!

Thank you,

Matthew Aubin

• 10.  RE: Genesys Scripts

Posted 03-25-2024 09:51

Good Morning Everyone!

I appreciate all your assistance with this as we went live with this script button on 3/21.

Something that we've noticed since going live with this are our sales and customer care associates are not always offering this survey experience.  Something I believe would enhance this experience is to automate the transfer to the survey bot where the customer is able to make the determination if they are going to take it or not, rather than have the sales and customer care agents make that decision.

My question is, does anyone know if we can automate a transfer to a different call flow as soon as the conversation ends?

The only other option I could think of performing is to do an outbound campaign that would offer this, but that is all a manual process and would not be immediately after a call.

Appreciate your assistance and helpful suggestions.

Thank you,

Matthew Aubin

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources