Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Geolocation

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 14 days ago

I have searched for other discussion posts in which one provided 3 different ideas submitted to the idea portal for the ability to see whether or not an agent is working from home. Those ideas have status's that the feature already exists. It seems that the feature is supposed to be geolocation. Can someone explain in detail how to use geolocation to tell if someone is working from home? So far all I can see is the city and state someone is working out of, but if we have an on site office in the same city where people work from home from, how do I differentiate this? Is there a way to sort this when looking at metrics within genesys like Average Handle Time, or do we have to export this information through a 3rd party. If so, does it actually show the IP Address so that we can tell that those who are on site all use the same ip address, and anyone else would be work from home?

#Reporting/Analytics
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Cody Herr
    CAPITAL Services

• 2.  RE: Geolocation

GENESYS
    Posted 14 days ago
    Edited by Antwuan Rencher 12 days ago

Hello Cody,

I am not sure we have a way to be more detailed than the city and state that a user  is working from. Genesys Cloud determines user location by using their IP address which can be generic to each city and state as we have it right now, to be more detail like you want it would be intrusive in my opinion and that make it a lot harder to do even though it is hard already.

I think performance view has a location column that can be added, and it pulls the location the user has set in their profile if you run a report on them. the issue with that is they can set their location to anywhere.

Cheers,

Hammed Lawal
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Geolocation

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 13 days ago

Thank you for their response. I do agree with it being too intrusive. I'm not sure why the ideas submitted in the portal on being able to see who is work from home or on site are being flagged as the feature already existing. There has to be a less intrusive way of identifying those who are on site vs WFH. If anyone has any solutions with how they have done this with their own company I would appreciate any insight! 

Cody Herr
    CAPITAL Services

• 4.  RE: Geolocation

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 13 days ago

Not an easy answer, but take a look at the below developer forum post asking the same question

- Essentially, you could could access the IP address for each user, and then from that workout if that is outside the office IP range or not. But not a simple column add unfortunately. 

https://developer.genesys.cloud/forum/t/identify-if-an-agent-is-logged-in-in-the-office-or-working-remotely/22282

Anton Vroon

• 5.  RE: Geolocation

Posted 8 days ago

The whole process gets further complicated if the Agents use a VPN, meaning that their "external" IP (as seen by Gen Cloud) is the main corporate one!

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources