PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Get logged in agents to log out them.

Posted 02-07-2024 03:30

Hello Guys,

I am trying to get the logged-in agent to log out them.

I am trying to use the component of query logged-in users in the handler to get the logged-in users by a specific workgroup but when I write the name of the workgroup in the field of station queue identifier it gets me the failure path.

so, I want to know the right format to write the workgroup name.

thanks

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Ahmed Abdel Rheem
    Jathwa Technical for Information Technology Company Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Get logged in agents to log out them.

Posted 02-07-2024 09:28

First, when you are working with designer, the F1 help menu is your best friend.  It has pages for every tool step along with guides on inputs and return values.  Some pages like the "string operators" one even have usage examples.

Generally, when doing something similar I use Get Ds Attr to get the User's key on the workgroup in question.  If you are curious about a path, on the CIC server you can always launch dseditu to open directory services and see paths to keys displayed at the top.  Remember you need to escape backslashes in handlers.

When logging out an agent, I run the "User Login List" tool step first to get a list of the stations that the system sees the user as logged into.  Then I loop through that list of stations and run the "Agent Log Off" tool step with the username and current workstation in the loop.

That should realistically do the trick.  From your email it seems like you may be conflating workgroup with workstation, which is incorrect.  It could also be a typo.

Anyhow, this works consistently for me in some automatic agentless logon/logoff processes that we run on a timer.  Hope this helps.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Get logged in agents to log out them.

Posted 02-07-2024 14:25

Thank you for your response.

but when I am using the "User Login List" tool step it asks me to put the user identifier, not the workgroup.

I want a way in the handler to get all the users depending on the workgroup and also the stations so I can loop over them and log them out from the interaction connect.

Thanks

Ahmed Abdel Rheem

• 4.  RE: Get logged in agents to log out them.

Posted 02-07-2024 14:44

That's the bit I mentioned about directory services tools.  The users are listed in the "users" key of a workgroup key in directory services.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 5.  RE: Get logged in agents to log out them.

Posted 02-07-2024 16:12

When I use this tool it response with null

what is the right format?

Ahmed Abdel Rheem

• 6.  RE: Get logged in agents to log out them.

Posted 02-07-2024 16:25

If you press "F1" on your keyboard with that configuration window open it gives you exact examples of how to use the "SYSYEM" and "CONFIG" keys as well as append the path to get to the keys you want.

I understand that I haven't given you 100% of the answer, but a graduate of Genesys Handler Development training, which you should have if you are building things like this in PureConnect, could put the pieces together from what I've given.

Aaron Lael

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources