Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  get wrap-up code from historical conversation

Posted 03-21-2023 16:51

Dears

I hope you are doing well,

I'm trying to invoke Genesys API inside Genesys, but I failed, as I followed the below steps:

1- create client ID auth
    2- Install genesys integration and insert the secret with its ID
    3- call Data action

after all of this its didn't work as its show me the following error "Response from web service: {"message":"This request requires a user context. Client credentials cannot be used for requests to this resource.","code":"not.a.user","status":400,"contextId":"591ebe54-fb12-477e-86e4-c6f55d942aed","details":[],"errors":[]} [d34c4ed1-82d7-47a3-b425-7df4923d6839]"

However I'm trying to invoke "/api/v2/analytics/conversations/{conversationId}/details" to bring up the wrap-up code ID, could anyone give me a hand in this and show me a clear steps as this first time for me trying to do this

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Mohannad haddad
    Fourth Dimension Systems LLC

• 2.  RE: get wrap-up code from historical conversation

Posted 03-22-2023 16:31

Hi,

Is it failing when you test Data Action or its failing when you call the Data Action within Architect flow? Can you share screenshot of DA config (remove any sensitive info)

Cheers

Muhammad Zubair Awan

• 3.  RE: get wrap-up code from historical conversation

Posted 03-24-2023 06:19

Dear @Muhammad Zubair 

thank you for your response, Kindly note that I'm struggling to get the "participants.wrapup.code" as I designed datat action to retrieve it with no use

Kindly find the configuration that I did

Mohannad haddad
    Fourth Dimension Systems LLC

• 4.  RE: get wrap-up code from historical conversation

Posted 03-24-2023 09:35

Mohannad,

I'm curious as to your use-case? Data Actions (in my experience!) are usually used when an interaction is in progress (either from Architect or a Script) and since a Wrap-Up code isn't specified until the interaction ends, I'm curious as to why / when you would need to do this?

I'm not defending Genesys's decision to make this endpoint require a User Context, but is we have a bit more of the background, we may be able to offer an alternate solution.

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 5.  RE: get wrap-up code from historical conversation

Posted 03-24-2023 17:10
    Edited by Muhammad Zubair Awan 03-24-2023 17:22

Hi Mohannad

To help test your data action against a completed interaction (as per subject of your post), here is what I suggest.

First use /api/v2/conversations/calls/{conversationId} instead of /api/v2/analytics/conversations/{conversationId}/details api to extract the wrapup to simplify your data action. 

Second, execute /api/v2/conversations/calls/{conversationId} in API Explorer against a sample Interaction ID and make sure wrapup code is assigned against a participant, usually the agent. 

Now that you are using "id" as input contract in your data action, under Configuration > Request URL Template use /api/v2/conversations/calls/${input.id} and leave the response configuration to default. 

Under Output Contract, switch to JSON and copy below code

{
      "type": "object",
      "properties": {
        "participants": {
          "type": "array",
          "items": {
              "wrapup": {
                  "code": {
                    "type": "string"
                  }
                },
                "additionalProperties": true
              }
            },
          }
        }
      },
    }

Now test your data action against same Interaction ID you used earlier in API Explorer. 

Design Considerations:

• As there are multiple participants involved in an interaction, expect to receive some empty elements in the response array.
    • You might as well get more than one wrapup codes if there are multiple agents involved.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
    Zubair

Muhammad Zubair Awan

• 6.  RE: get wrap-up code from historical conversation

Posted 03-23-2023 11:58

Unfortunately, not all API endpoints can be accessed from a Client Credentials oAuth session. Some require you to be making the request as a user (which Data Actions cannot do.)

For example, obtaining a list of "My Interactions" requires the system to know who "you" are!

The error you are receiving is because you are attempting to access one of those endpoints.

I recommend posting over on the Developer forums, explain what you are trying to achieve and they should be able to help.

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 7.  RE: get wrap-up code from historical conversation

Posted 03-23-2023 16:05

While I agree client credentials cannot be used for some APIs, curious to understand why this API /api/v2/analytics/conversations/{conversationId}/details is expecting user context. it works for me both in DA as well as in Postman so there might be an element of user error.

Cheers

Muhammad Zubair Awan

• 8.  RE: get wrap-up code from historical conversation

Posted 03-23-2023 18:22

I cannot comment as to the exact reason this endpoint requires a user context, but should point out that when using the Developer Tools, or Postman, you are typically accessing with an Implicit Grant oAuth, which is a User context.

I strongly recommend heading over to the Developer forums. There are a number of experienced developers (many of whom work for Genesys) who frequent them and who will probably be able to answer your question as well as provide a possible work around.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources