Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Getting Department value as null in canned response even though the department value added in agent profile

Posted 05-25-2023 14:39
    Edited by Fnu Ganesh 05-25-2023 14:42

Department substitute value is adding as blank in canned responses. I have added the agent department in profile. Please suggest how to retrieve the department name of the agent in canned response

#DigitalChannels
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Ganesh

• 2.  RE: Getting Department value as null in canned response even though the department value added in agent profile

Posted 05-27-2023 17:20

I assume you looked at this resource: Substitutions overview - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

The thing to remember is that aside from the built-in substitutions, if you want a custom substitution, you have to use the same name in a Set Attribute action in the inbound flow (call, email, or message) that will populate it for the substitution to use.  That means that outbound Email or SMS will not be able to use them except for the default value you define.    

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Getting Department value as null in canned response even though the department value added in agent profile

Posted 05-30-2023 08:07

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the reply and support. Yes I used the built in substitution in canned response, the only value I am getting is user name but department name is null for inbound email. Could you please suggest how to retrieve the department name in the canned responses

Fnu Ganesh
    M&T Bank

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources