Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

• 1.  Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

Posted 03-27-2023 08:10

Hi Team,

How to handle the Web Messaging Chat which are in queue since its Async , Agents receive the interaction after customer closes/leaves the Chat Window. 

Regards,

Jeevan.

#DigitalChannels
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Jeevan Kumar Jayabalan
    The Travelers Indemnity Company

• 2.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

GENESYS
    Posted 03-27-2023 08:47

Indeed, that is the benefit of async: even if the customer leaves or closes their browser, the interaction can be answered by an agent, who might be able to respond to initial query, and disconnect. The next time customer opens their browser again, they'll be able to see the response from the agent, and eventually continue conversation if more information is needed. In essence, the async conversation can continue without forcing both participants to be connected live at the same time.

We are adding a new feature that will allow End-Users (customer) to explicitly terminate/clear the current conversation, mostly for privacy reasons, so that conversation will also be disconnected from Queue, preventing distribution to agents. See Idea here for tracking: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-118 

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

Posted 03-27-2023 15:01

Thanks. So since ASync we don't have any other option to handle this? On the Reporting perspective these conversations will be tagged to same single Conversation ID until the threading Timeline end? Is that right? or Do we able to differentiate in Reporting? 

Jeevan Kumar Jayabalan

• 4.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

Posted 03-27-2023 15:26

Another issue in not being notified that the customer has closed browser, our agents are wasting time saying "are you there anymore", we then wait two more minutes before sending a "We are going to disconnect", then the agent disconnects and can get new interaction, but this is adding 4 minutes to chats where the browser is closed by the customer. 

Clayton Curtis
    Enova Online Services, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

Posted 03-27-2023 16:18

As a new feature comes in for the Conversation Disconnect when we enable this and if Agents Disconnects it would become Ghost Interaction in reporting and even customer will not see the Agent responses. 

Jeevan Kumar Jayabalan

• 6.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

GENESYS
    Posted 03-28-2023 04:30

Hello Jeevan - the existing Conversation Disconnect (now in Beta) allows Agent to disconnect the conversation (nothing new here), and that event is propagated to End-User (this is the new part). But the fact that Agent has disconnected the conversation doesn't change, and no special handling in reporting.

As part of the Idea I posted earlier, we will add possibility for End-User to clear current session: this will disconnect it from Queue and from Agents, and we'll also add an additional filter/column in reporting, to properly track this.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

GENESYS
    Posted 03-28-2023 04:26

Hi Clayton - Actually agents should be able to immediately detect whether End-User is still online & active: if End-User would close browser/tab, any outbound message sent by the agent would show a momentary delivery-failure notification, which should immediately inform Agent about End-User's online presence. No need to wait 4 minutes. Once End-User's client is back on-line, the messages will be delivered, and delivery notifications updated accordingly.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

Posted 03-29-2023 02:26

Hi @Angelo Cicchitto ,

Despite our best efforts in training our staff, we still get some thinking the 'Error on delivery' and red triangle is an actual 'error' in Genesys Cloud and will either contact our support or will re-send multiple messages (resulting in the customer getting multiple copies).

Not sure if there's an existing idea for this or the technical limitations behind the scenes - but would it possible to have a different message/icon in this scenario so that it's not an actual 'error' that the consultant needs to worry about, but more of a delivery status indicator? 

Some examples:

Jeff

• 9.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

GENESYS
    Posted 03-29-2023 06:00

Hi Jeff - I agree with you. The current Error on Delivery may be misleading, and feels like a final non-recoverable state, while this should really be just temporary as you point out. We have an Idea here: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DXWMM-I-16 and mostly work on Agent UIs. Thanks for the feedbacks!

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

Posted 03-29-2023 08:27

Jeff, i think that is great idea! 

Also, Angelo, if on a cellular/mobile phone.  customer will send message, then usually navigates to another screen to wait for reply.  The agent will get the red triangle in this situation, and think the person has left the conversation.  

I know Messenger is built in the Facebook/whatsapp theory, but the reality is most are using for more of a replacement for chat. 

I know these are not easy problems to fix, but this is the feedback from agents on the front lines of the call center. 

Clayton

Clayton Curtis
    Enova Online Services, Inc.

• 11.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

GENESYS
    Posted 03-29-2023 10:52

I understand many agents are coming from years or legacy real-time chat experience: Async is a change in both mindset and way of working, to some extent, allowing Agents & Brands to assist End-Users across the entire journey. Once we add Async Push Notifications, these challenges will largely go away: we'll notify offline End-Users via Email or SMS or Mobile/Browser Push, whenever Agent sends an outbound message while End-User is offline. This way, online presence becomes less critical for Agents to continue the conversation is near-real-time.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

Posted 03-29-2023 11:05

Angelo,

Obviously, these enhancements will help greatly, however Asynchronous is not the right solution in every instance or for every customer. My understanding is that Genesys is trying to push people towards Web Messaging and away from (legacy) Web Chat. I assume we can take from this that Web Chat will eventually be deprecated and ultimately removed?

Anyway, there are customers who find themselves in a state of limbo. They need a Synchronous digital channel. They don't want to invest resources in implementing a soon-to-die technology. Web Messaging isn't there yet!

Can you give us a breakdown of what is remaining for Genesys when it comes to Synchronous features for Web Messaging? When will a customer be able to switch without losing functionality?

Thanks!

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 13.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

Posted 03-30-2023 03:53

Hi Angelo,

I agree with Paul. We will not be able to convince GC customers that chat does or will not exist anymore just because Genesys is pushing asynchronous messaging and deprecating synchronous chat. The full support of synchronous chat features inside web messaging is required. There are several ideas in the ideas portal which enforce this fact.

We need the synchronous chat functionality currently for 2 new customers (one already going live) that we pushed to start already with messaging instead of chat (according to the recommendation from Genesys) and are having to justify the absence and improvise the missing features in some way as long as they are not available. 

Thanks and regards,

Marcelo

s

Marcelo Heil França
    InfinIT.cx GmbH

• 14.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

GENESYS
    Posted 03-30-2023 04:36

What we are aiming at is to cover most of the necessary real-time Chat features as part of Web Messaging roadmap. Ultimately, we see real-time Chat as as a subset of Web Messaging. To give concrete examples, two main chat-related features are being addressed soon:

1. Allowing Agents & Flows to disconnect conversations with End-Users: this is already in Beta and going GA next week. https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DXWMM-I-26
    2. Allowing End-User to disconnect or "clear" the conversation, which will also disconnect conversations currently in-queue or connected to agents. We are starting the work now: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-118

Once these two features will be released, we'll be at near-feature-parity with legacy web chat, beyond other features already released in past 12 months. 

In addition to that, we think messaging will allow businesses to connect with their customers even beyond the limited "online" session, with async push notifications, in order to provide greater customer experiences. Think of Web Messaging as becoming a super-set of real-time chat: some business will want to use it as real-time chat only, because it better fits their business & operations model, while some other businesses will experiment and see the benefits of asynchronous experiences allowing them to connect with their Customers, across entire journey with the brand. Both are valid and we intend to serve both. 

I'm happy to share concrete customer success story, when migrating from chat to Web Messaging: read story here, and corresponding video here, large financial institution.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 15.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

Posted 03-30-2023 12:54

Angelo,

I don't think anyone here is critical of Web Messaging per se, nor is anyone saying it doesn't have it's applications. The concern is that customers are being coerced to adopt a channel, and resulting CX, that is different from the one they desire. This isn't about what Genesys consider to be the greater Customer Experience, but about what the end users consider to be one.

Speaking for myself, if I go to a website and see any form of "chat" button, I absolutely expect a real-time synchronous experience and on the occasions that I have discovered it to be an asynchronous one, I have been left frustrated. If I wanted an asynchronous communication, I would send an e-mail! But then again, maybe I'm just getting old 😉

If Genesys plan to extend Web Messaging to the point where, if a customer wishes it, an experience more or less identical to the current Web Chat can be achieved, then I think we are all good. If not, then there will be folks who feel disappointed. For messaging to truly be a superset of chat, then it needs to implement every aspect and feature of chat.

One aspect I would like to know about is that of Schedules. Currently, when you deploy the Web Chat widget, you can attach open / closed times to it so it only shows during open hours. Obviously, this can be achieved by custom programming on the web page, but it's nice to have it OOTB. I would actually like to see this enhanced to auto-connect with Schedule Groups defined in Routing and also allow for additional, custom, metrics to be used. (For example, don't show the widget if there fewer than some threshold of agents in queue. Or if the EWT is above some threshold.) I know this can be achieved with an inbound message flow, but by that point, the website visitor has already clicked on the button with the expectation of a response - better to dynamically remove it if they have no hope!

Just my 10 cents.

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 16.  RE: Ghost Interaction - Web Messaging in Queue

Posted 02-11-2024 19:51

Hi @Angelo Cicchitto We went Live with web messaging for one of our customers today and we have have a few instances of ghost interactions. However the interactions didn't show up in the interaction view. Do you know if this will be resolved as part of the above idea implementations? 

Thanks in advance!

Dhanalakshmi Vasudevan
    Global Speech Networks Pty Ltd (Australia)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources