Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Global trunk / site architecture - best practice

Posted 2 days ago
    Edited by Antwuan Rencher yesterday
    I am in the proces of building a new cloud setup for a customer. The customer will be migrating from on prem (will create a seperate thread for this soon).
    Im seeking a few answers on how to design the new setup (best practice)

Customer got offices in all 3 major regions, in different coutries. EMEA, APAC and AMER.

BYOC provider is present in all regions. I have configured 3 trunks for incoming calls to service individual countries in each region.
    Incoming trunk EMEA - media region
    Incoming trunk APAC - media region
    Incoming trunk AMER - media region

Each trunk have a default number plan site, with all Genesys media regions added (within the major regions)
    Furthermore I have enabled Go-Lookup
    Q: is it needed to add media regions, if geo-lookup is enabled? (or will it choose from the added regions)

Each country got its own site
    WebRTC phones will be linked here.
    I have added the closest media region and also enabled geo-lookup

and here is also when it gets a a bit complicated. I need to make sure that outbound calls always shows a local e.164 on the receiving end, when calls are made between countries / offices

US office calling UK, show +44 xxx xxx xxx
    US office calling Sweden, show +46 xxx xxx xxx
    US office calling Denmark, show +45 xxx xxx xxx
    (Users at each site, will only need to show the same number to each country)

As I see it, there need to be a separate outbound route for each country code, meaning I will have to create a separate outgoing trunk for each number I want to show when calling external.
    I cannot create the display number on site level, as I will need to show a different number based on the country i am calling to.

How does my design look?
    Any input, ideas, changes on current design will be much appreciated.

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

• 2.  RE: Global trunk / site architecture - best practice
    Best Answer

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted yesterday
    Edited by Jason Kleitz 20 hours ago

Hi,

you can create your custom number plans and assign in on a new outbound routes and select the appropriate trunks to be used. then assign in the prioritized caller selection  "This trunk" on the caller ID information

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/use-the-prioritized-caller-selection-feature-to-configure-caller-id-information/ 

something like this:

tough I haven't done this but I hope you will and give feedback on the results.

------------------------------
    Ernest John Nuque
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources