Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Handling the asynchronous nature of Web Messaging.

Posted 13 days ago

Hello everyone,

Curious on how others handle the nature of Web Messaging being Asynchronous outside of using Evaluate Schedules.  Even During the Open schedule for Web MSG - lot of web users seem to just leave the session and by time it gets to agents are disconnected and gone.  Agents are handling multiple media types and priorities set equal.

What are you doing to keep customers waiting live for a messaging session even though designed as asynchronous.

So evaluating Schedules I currently check after it goes through a digital bot - if it exits will go to Queue for routing if opened, I do not check for schedule before - as it accesses a knowledge base, and may be able to get some information outside of business hours.  is this 'normal". 

Thank you

Aaron 

#DigitalChannels
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Aaron Montanari
    Rochester Regional Health

• 2.  RE: Handling the asynchronous nature of Web Messaging.

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 12 days ago

Hi Aaron,

We are in the midst of planning out our rollout. Couple of things I am considering on this is:

Tell customer's the wait time up front, if they know an agent will be connecting in 1 minute, they are more likely to wait there. 

The other option you could consider, is send the customer a push/sms notification (assuming your mobile/web app has a notification system with APIs you can use) to the customer when the Agent connects to the conversation to let them know an agent is now connected or taking a look at your query etc to prompt them to go back online, or after the agent sends a message, but by then it might be too late depending on how long agent's take to respond.

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: Handling the asynchronous nature of Web Messaging.

Posted 10 days ago

Thank you Anton, I will take a look at these and see what I can tweak.

Aaron Montanari

• 4.  RE: Handling the asynchronous nature of Web Messaging.

Posted 12 days ago
    Edited by Phaneendra Avatapalli 12 days ago

Hi Aaron, I was just looking at the predictive routing (we are planning to implement) and found the action maps About action maps might help in this scenario.

Phaneendra Avatapalli
    Monash University

• 5.  RE: Handling the asynchronous nature of Web Messaging.

Posted 10 days ago

Thank you Phaneendra, I have not looked at the Action Maps yet, I will check those out thank you.

Aaron Montanari

• 6.  RE: Handling the asynchronous nature of Web Messaging.

Posted 9 days ago

We have an in-queue flow that waits 10 minutes and then asks if the user still needs a team member. If they click yes, they hold the place in line.  If they say no or don't respond, it disconnects the interaction.  I can send screenshots of the architect flow if that would help. 

Nichole Conway
    State of Missouri

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources