Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Hard of Hearing TTY support

Posted 03-22-2023 11:47

I have a customer asking for support with Genesys Cloud and persons hard of hearing and or TTY support.  Has anyone dealt with this and did you come up with a solution to support this capability?

#DigitalChannels
    #Integrations
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.Principle Solution Consultant

• 2.  RE: Hard of Hearing TTY support

Posted 03-23-2023 10:15

Hi Martin,

We have this challenge as well for one of our clients.  We haven't been able to come up with anything integrated into Genesys, but we are looking at using ipTTY (https://tenacitycorp.com/iptty/) to handle TTY calls.  We did find that it is not compatible with Genesys Cloud Voice, but if you have an on-premise Edge device, that might work.  I came across another possible option this week, but I'm not sure if it's viable, or not - https://www.dxsoft.com/en/products/calltty/.

Chad Markle
    Magellan Health Inc.

• 3.  RE: Hard of Hearing TTY support

Posted 03-23-2023 14:07

Thanks, Chad.  Right now our suggestion is to use Web Messaging or SMS.  Also they could use an AppFoundry Partner like Auvious so the external customer could use sign language to a sign capable agent or text.  

Martin Bunting

• 4.  RE: Hard of Hearing TTY support

Posted 03-24-2023 09:04

Good morning. As a federally funded crisis hotline, we are required by legislation to offer a TTY solution for survivors. Since our move to Genesys Cloud 3 years ago, we adopted NexTalk SimpliciTTY as our solution.  It allows TTY calls to come into the queue and be routed to agents who have their appropriate software to to answer and interact with the caller.  Their service also acts as an authenticator to ensure whoever is calling the TTY number is an acctual TTY user and not someone who just dialed the wrong number. Also, they offer voice translation services for customers who don't speak a language you have in your staff.

https://www.nextalk.com/.

Marty Hand
    National Domestic Violence Hotline

• 5.  RE: Hard of Hearing TTY support

Posted 03-24-2023 09:18

Thanks Marty!  I'll check out NexTalk SimpliciTTY.  It sounds like this solution would allow the use of Genesys queues for reporting and assigning agents which would be ideal rather than managing a non-integrated 3rd party app.

Chad Markle
    Magellan Health Inc.

• 6.  RE: Hard of Hearing TTY support

Posted 03-24-2023 09:27
    That is exactly correct.  We only license the software for a handful of people to ensure we have coverage 24/7 as required by law, but our volume is <1 per month.  Most of our deaf or hard of hearing contacts use a service from a hearing-specific support line that we have training in helping DV/IPV survivors. They have a better understanding of the deaf/HOH communities specific needs and challenges as well as a directory of providersa in local communities they can refer them to for specific needs.

Marty Hand   he / him / his
    VP of Technology
    mhand@thehotline.org

PO Box 90249, Austin, TX 78709
    thehotline.org   |   loveisrespect.org

• 7.  RE: Hard of Hearing TTY support

Posted 03-26-2023 11:34

I reached out to NexTalk and they provided me with a Call center Call Flow Diagram and stated they have integrated with Genesys many times.  Thanks for the heads up.

Martin Bunting

• 8.  RE: Hard of Hearing TTY support

Posted 12-18-2023 09:26

Hi Martin,

My healthcare company just contracted with NexTalk and have asked me to assist with the integration of their product.  However, when I initially spoke with and requested their product white paper, installation guides or diagrams, the assigned engineer told me he didn't have any.  All I needed was a SIP trunk and a plain queue defined in Genesys, but I found this lacking.  Who did you work with at NexTalk? My direction is to have this stood up before end of year but currently I'm in a holding pattern for more information. Thank you.

Jose Contreras
    AdvantageCare Physicians, P.C.

• 9.  RE: Hard of Hearing TTY support

Posted 12-18-2023 11:40
      |   view attached

Our customer never moved forward with NexTalk TTY but I have a contact name and some documentation I will pass along.  

Ian Thomas

Sales Manager

801-545-4408 – Office

801-664-5347 – Mobile

Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.SC

• 10.  RE: Hard of Hearing TTY support

Posted 01-05-2024 14:33

All, we are looking a similar requirement to have GC support TTY.. Hopefully we can find a solution that really does not require yet another piece of software on the associates machine..  We have SMS and Web messaging, i wonder if there is a mechanism in place to capture TTY as either SMS or some kind of messaging..  If so, we can have the complete interaction/transcript records..  

Shalom Benzaquen
    Elevance Health

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources