Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Help on Utilization

Posted 03-26-2024 09:47

Hi All,

Our customer would like to achieve the below items... As of now, we built both sms and web-chat in the Inbound Message Flow. Any suggestions to achieve this?
    Thank you

1. Making sure we answer live messaging in real time without getting backed up behind SMS.
    2. Trying to prevent Agents from receiving more than 2 live chats at once so that they can give a great experience. Since Genesys groups chat within the messaging category, we are now limited to setting their utilization at 2. We have had Agents receiving 3 live messages at once, which is not a good experience for the users. 
    3. Allowing Agents to have a blend of live messages and SMS so that we still have a reasonable response time for SMS. They work on SMS during live chats since users can be slow in typing their messages. This blend also allows Agents to receive multiple SMS when there are no live messages needing answered.
    4. Once we integrate emails, the threshold settings and priorities will be even more complex. This is where considering multiple queues may help. Or only have certain agents in each queue. 

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Rechelle McConnell
    CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK

• 2.  RE: Help on Utilization

Posted 03-26-2024 19:34

Hey Rechelle, 

To answer some of your points :)

1. To make sure live chats are coming through before any other queued SMS I would set the priority of incoming chats to something crazy like 24 hours (Or more depending on how long it takes) You can do this in the transfer to ACD block in your inbound message flow. If you set this to 600 this would be 10 hours of increased priority. The way priority works is that Genesys will send an interaction that has been waiting for the longest. By adding 600 you are essentially telling the system this interaction as been waiting for 10 hours already, so it's a the top of the pile for distribution. 
    2. This is an interesting one, as I too use messaging as a "live" channel and less than an async longer between-reply type of messaging. I see your issue here. Honestly, it's not going to be easy - I have built some custom middleware that deals with this by looking at incoming interactions and doing work to assign interactions that breach the utilisation spec. Eg, have a trigger that fires when a customer comes in queue, looks at the type, and then looks at available agents, finds one that matches our criteria and will assign to them. This would work for you in being able to have 2 live chats and 1/2/3 etc SMS interactions without sacrificing the 2 limit for live chats. 
    3. Same re above
    4. Emails are the easy part, you can set limits and interrupt rules aside messaging. 

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: Help on Utilization

Posted 30 days ago

Thank you Lawrence, 
    We are already doing the prioritization so we are good on #1. I'll bring the other info to my team. 

Rechelle McConnell

• 4.  RE: Help on Utilization

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 03-26-2024 22:39

I don't have experience with this, but could you use the new utilization labels to achieve what you are after?

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/overview-of-utilization-labels/#:~:text=Utilization%20labels%20help%20define%20the,labels%2C%20see%20Create%20utilization%20labels.

Anton Vroon

• 5.  RE: Help on Utilization

Posted 30 days ago

Hi Anton, 
    Yes, I was reading about that and will test this feature. Thanks

Rechelle McConnell

• 6.  RE: Help on Utilization

GENESYS
    Posted 30 days ago

Hi Rechelle,

For #2 and #3, you could use the new Utilization Labels feature. Create a label "live_chat" with capacity 2 and set it on all incoming live chats. That will limit agents to no more than 2 live chats at a time. If you also created a label "sms" with capacity 3, and then if you set message channel capacity to 4, the agents could have up to 4 messages at a time:

• Up to 2 "live_chat" and up to 2 "sms"
    • 1 "live_chat" and up to 3 "sms"

You can change the numbers to fit your use case and also set up interrupt settings if desired.

Penny

Panagiota Evans
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Help on Utilization

Posted 30 days ago

Thank you, Panagiota. Can I still label it a chat even if we build the flow in the Inbound Message Flow and not in the Inbound Chat?

Rechelle McConnell

• 8.  RE: Help on Utilization

GENESYS
    Posted 30 days ago

>Can I still label it a chat even if we build the flow in the Inbound Message Flow and not in the Inbound Chat?

Yes. Labels are not media-specific, so you could create a label "Green" and then via their respective flows have a "Green" message, a "Green" voice call, a "Green" email, etc.

Panagiota Evans
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Help on Utilization

Posted 30 days ago

Oh, I see. Thank you so much.

Rechelle McConnell

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources