Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

Posted 10-26-2022 12:05
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi. We're looking into creating a new Topic and I wanted some advice on how much variation to include in the phrases. We want to start with a Med-Low Strictness of 65 for all phrases. Let's say it's a Tax-related topic. So we could create tons of very similar phrases used by customers to ask about their tax slips in general or even ask about specific tax slips. If we start with variations like the ones here below, and then replace the words "tax slip" with about 12 different specific forms (for example T4RSP), we will end up with hundreds of phrases:

We're preparing a .txt file so we can upload multiple phrases at a time. Please have a look at the list below. Is that too detailed? Should we reduce the variations or are we on the right track?

Any tips and recommendations are welcome!

Here's a snapshot of the file:
    65 need my tax slips
    65 want my tax slips
    65 looking for my tax slips
    65 need to find my tax slips
    65 want to find my tax slips
    65 cannot find my tax slips
    65 can't find my tax slips
    65 can i get my tax slips
    65 how do i get my tax slips
    65 how to get tax slips
    65 how to receive tax slips
    65 how to download tax slips
    65 how to find tax slips
    65 how do i access my tax slips
    65 how do i download my tax slips
    65 when do i get my tax slips
    65 when do i receive my tax slips
    65 when will i receive my tax slips
    65 when will tax slips be released
    65 when will tax slips be published
    65 when will tax slips be available
    65 when will the tax slips be ready
    65 when will my tax slips be ready
    65 where are my tax slips
    65 where to get tax slips
    65 where to access tax slips
    65 where to access my tax slips
    65 there are no tax slips
    65 there's no tax slips

#Genesys Cloud CX
    #Workforce Engagement Management
    #SpeechandTextAnalytics

------------------------------
    Maria Tejo
    Questrade Inc

• 2.  RE: Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

GENESYS
    Posted 10-27-2022 09:25
    Hi Maria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, you're on the right track. 
    It would make sense to replace "tax slip" in these phrases to other tax forms you support. Generally speaking, the more examples you have the better performance you can expect from Topic Spotting. 
    Also, for bulk uploading phrases, please upload from a .txt file. If you have any difficulties or any performance related issues with topic spotting, feel free to email me at anik.dey@genesys.com

Thanks!

Anik Dey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

Posted 10-27-2022 14:34
    Hi Anik,

Thank you so much for the swift response. It's good to know we're on the right track. We'll make sure to prepare the .txt file for bulk uploading.

I wanted to confirm one more detail that hopefully will also help other GC customers who find themselves in a similar situation. For specific tax forms like these "T4", "T4RSP", "T1135", "1042-D",  "1099-DIV",  what would be the recommended way to actually write them out in the phrases?

I appreciate your help,

Maria

Maria Tejo
    Questrade Inc

• 4.  RE: Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

GENESYS
    Posted 10-28-2022 11:23
    Hey Maria,

I think for acronyms or numbers such as "T4", "T4RSP", "T1135", "1042-D",  "1099-DIV", it would make sense to add variations such as "t four" or "tee four" to the list of phrases. For example for "T4RSP", you will want to add "tee four r s p" and "t four r s p".

We currently do not support text normalization for our transcripts, but it is in our roadmap. When normalization kicks in, "T4" and "T4RSP" will be recognized as it. Hope this makes sense.

Feel free to reach out anytime if this is not working for you.

Thanks!

Anik Dey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

Posted 11-02-2022 16:09
    Hi Anik,

We're testing our phrases for our custom Tax topic and there's a couple of questions that came up that we'd like some help with. Ultimately we only want our custom Tax topic to apply when the customer mentions the phrase.

-Is there a way to start the interaction transcription after the IVR so that the transcription only includes the agent-customer part of an interaction?

-If a topic is configured to apply only to External participants (i.e., it's set to recognize phrases only when spoken by the customer), will it recognize phrases mentioned in the IVR?

For example: Our custom Tax topic has a phrase that mentions tax slips. During the tax season the IVR contains a seasonal message that mentions tax slips,  but the customer never mentioned tax slips during their interaction. Will that interaction be tagged with the Tax topic?

We appreciate your help,
    Maria 

Maria Tejo
    Questrade Inc

• 6.  RE: Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

GENESYS
    Posted 11-03-2022 10:17
    Hey Maria,

If you want to start transcription to include only agent-customer part of any interaction, inside your Architect Flows, you can enable transcription by adding a Transcription Action task when you Transfer to ACD, you can find this doc helpful - https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/transcription-action/

If the topic is configured for External participants, it will ignore IVR prompts. IVR prompts are considered Internal, you can see details here - https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/work-with-a-topic/

• Participants – Indicates the participant associated with the specific topic. Click within the Participants field to select one of the following participants:
      • External – Indicates that the specific topic will only be recognized when its phrases were said by the Customer.
      • Internal – Indicates that the specific topic will only be recognized when its phrases were said by IVR, ACD, agent, conference, or voicemail.
      • All – Indicates that the specific topic will only be recognized when its phrases were said by an external participant, internal participant, or both.

If the IVR mentions tax slips, it will be ignored if the topic was set up with External participants. 

Thank you.

Anik Dey
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

Posted 11-09-2022 15:43

Hey Anik,

What if we want it to ignore IVR prompts all together? 

Will we have to add something in the flow to start transcribing after IVR?

Melissa Callender
    Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan

• 8.  RE: Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2022 11:30
    Hey Melissa,

It is possible to ignore transcription of all IVR prompts.

In your Architect flow, you will want to add a 'Transcription' action before your 'Transfer to ACD' action. You can refer to step 3 in this document - https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-voice-transcription/

Anik Dey
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

Posted 11-10-2022 14:24
    Hi Anik,

Thank you so much. I have a similar follow up question.

When a call goes from the IVR to ACD (aka the "In queue flow" or the "waiting room"), our company might have some hold music playing, or messages offering call backs, letting customers know their wait time, and there may even be some marketing advertisements.

Is there a way to ignore transcriptions of the "In queue flow" content?

Thanks,
    Maria

Maria Tejo
    Questrade Inc

• 10.  RE: Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2022 15:45
    Hey Maria,

Yes, this is a feature planned for Q2, 2023, whereby you will be able to suppress recordings during holds, and ACD queue waiting, which essentially means nothing will get transcribed during those wait times.

We will send an update when this feature is available to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Anik Dey
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

Posted 12-01-2022 12:00

Hello Anik, we were wondering if you could help clarify more questions we have about Topics and Sentiment Analysis:

1. Why do out-of-the-box Topic phrases have sentiments associated with them and what are they used for? Are the Topic phrase sentiments used at all to calculate Overall Customer Sentiment Score (aka Sentiment Score) and Sentiment Trend?

1. When creating a new custom Topic we did not see an option to add a sentiment to the topic phrases. So the out-of-the-box Topic phrases have sentiments, but the custom Topic phrases do not. Is there a way to add sentiments to custom Topic phrases?

1. Just like we have access to all the Topics and Topic Phrases configured in our system, can we have access to the Sentiment phrases that Genesys Cloud is using?

1. Is it possible to enable and disable specific Sentiment phrases? For example, if we are not interested in detecting a particular sentiment phrase, can we turn that phrase "off" so that it's not detected?

1. All our detected sentiment phrases so far are either extremely positive (1) or extremely negative (-1). Shouldn't they have values ranging from -1 to 1?

1. In the Agent Performance View, how is the agent-level Avg Sentiment calculated?

1. GC documentation states that Sentiment Analysis is based on Customer phrases. We're seeing interactions where there was no Agent talk duration, no Customer talk duration, no positive nor negative Sentiments detected, only a few out-of-the-box Topic phrases detected from the ACD queue waiting room, and the system is providing an Overall Customer Sentiment Score of 0 and a Sentiment Trend of 0% No Change. Shouldn't these metrics be empty, or unavailable, or not calculated when there is no Customer talk?

We would really appreciate your help since sentiment analysis is new to us, and we want to make sure we understand and interpret the results correctly.

Thanks, 

Maria

Maria Tejo
    Questrade Inc

• 12.  RE: Help with phrase variations when creating a topic

GENESYS
    Posted 12-01-2022 17:04
    Hello Maria,

Thanks for your detailed feedback, see my answers below:

1. The score you see next to out-of-the-box topic phrases is NOT a sentiment score, those values are associated with strictness. The strictness parameter is used for phrase matching, higher means the phrases need to match very closely to be tagged with the topic. You can read more details on the matching algorithm and strictness here - https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/work-with-a-phrase/
    2. Currently, there is no way to add sentiment for phrases when creating a custom topic. Some customers have requested this feature though and you can vote on it here - https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/STA-I-44
    3. Our sentiment model is trained with a very large dataset which consists of over hundred thousand phrases, which is why we cannot share this with our customers unfortunately. However, we are constantly improving the model with more data and customer feedback. In Jan 2023, we are releasing an updated sentiment model which is context sensitive and will improve overall sentiment accuracy.
    4. I think you can set those phrases as neutral using Sentiment feedback, you cannot turn off sentiment for specific phrases though.
    5. Our interaction avg sentiment score ranges from -100 to +100. Where did you see values from -1 to +1?
    6. We take the mean of the avg sentiment score for all interactions handled by the agent, so basically sum up all the scores and divide it by the number of interactions.
    7. Yes sentiment is based on customer phrases. Yes, when there is no conversation recorded between agent and customer, the sentiment is set to 0. You can treat 0 as neutral or not calculated for such cases. Are you trying to distinguish between neutral calls and calls where no sentiment was calculated? 
    Look forward to hearing from you again.

Thanks,
    Anik

Anik Dey
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources