Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Historical Shrinkage - Idle Status

Posted 10 days ago
    Hello,
    I have a doubt, in the Historical Shrinkage report the Unavailable times are shown, which is composed of (Away, Idle, Offline).

In my company we believe that Idle time should not be Unavailable time, we understand the explanation, since in this state the agent "is not productive" but it is not because he decides, simply because there is no volume of work to offer you (no incoming calls, for example).

Is there a solution so that the Historical Shrinkage report does not count idle time as Unavailable? You can do some type of configuration to modify it.

Thank you so much.
    All the best.

#WorkforceManagement
    #Reports

------------------------------
    Adrian Rodriguez
    EOS Spain S.L.

• 2.  RE: Historical Shrinkage - Idle Status

GENESYS
    Posted 9 days ago

"Idle (Away): The agent is logged on to the desktop application with the screen saver on or screen locked."

So, if you say have 100 agents and all 100 have their screen saver active and/or screen locked not doing any work, you want that to be considered non-shrinkage time? I as an agent could simply lock my desktop at any time when I am supposed to work - that's unplanned shrinkage by definition.

Idle fits into the definition of shrinkage being "actual non-interacting time" so I doubt we would entertain some configuration to invalidate the concept.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: Historical Shrinkage - Idle Status

Posted 9 days ago

For me, part of the confusion stems from how this Genesys system uses the words "IDLE" and "AVAILABLE", compared to other systems.  When you are looking at agent activity real time, "Idle" is good.  It means they are sitting waiting for an interaction to come in.  "Available" is bad.  it means they have taken themselves off-queue.

How can "Idle" be good (the natural state an agent is in when waiting on-queue for an interaction) and also be bad "Idle (Away): The agent is logged on to the desktop application with the screen saver on or screen locked."

Gina Palmer
    Manager, Workforce Management
    Papa, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Historical Shrinkage - Idle Status

Posted 9 days ago
    Hi,
    That is the question... what means on the report IDLE time?

I suppose that IDLE status on Historical Shrinkage is the status that @Jay Langsford but i agree with Gina its confuse..
    Because when an agent are waiting in a queue for one interactions the status is IDLE.

So.. we can asume that the IDLE status is diferent from IDLE (waiting for an interaction) right?

Thanks
    BR

Adrian Rodriguez
    EOS Spain S.L.

• 5.  RE: Historical Shrinkage - Idle Status

GENESYS
    Posted 9 days ago

There is the Idle system presence and there is an Idle routing status - two different things. I was talking about system presence of Idle (often shown as Away). An agent being on queue with a routing status of Idle would not be counted in shrinkage time. An agent in Idle/Away system presence would be counted in shrinkage time.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 6.  RE: Historical Shrinkage - Idle Status

Posted 9 days ago

Great!!
    Thank you! :)

BR.

Adrian Rodriguez
    EOS Spain S.L.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources