Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Historical Weighted

Posted 01-25-2023 11:36
    Hi There
    Trying to figure something out.  We would like to run a schedule (4 weeks) using ABM and Historical Weighted.

When I go to generate the forecast and choose Weighted - it only gives me the option of 1 week and is not selectable when creating a schedule.

ideally i would like to run both : ABM with schedule and Weighted with schedule to spot differences or discrepencies.

I can't seem to find the information and would appreciate feedback.

Thank you
    Shirley
    #Forecasting

------------------------------
    Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 2.  RE: Historical Weighted

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2023 16:22

Weighted historical index (WHI) method only supports generating 1-week forecasts; only ABM supports multi-week forecasts.

You could generate WHI forecast for a week and compare that week to one week in ABM forecast.

To compare schedules based on WHI with ABM, for WHI you could temporarily change planning period to 1-week and generate a schedule with WHI and then compare that one week to same week on ABM associated schedule.

What differences/discrepancies would you be looking for? Forecasts generated will differ between WHI and ABM and schedules will differ within confines of constraints due to the forecast differences.

ABM is the preferred forecasting method and the basis for advanced features available today and those in the near future.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: Historical Weighted

Posted 01-31-2023 08:17
    Thanks Jay!  We were checking to see if the forecasts/scheduled/actual would be similar when using ABM.  The reason being our customer has only used Cloud since mid-November with the data not being great for the first month.  Using historical for the past 6 weeks may have given us better grasp on the volumes.

Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources