Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How do I set a max number of digits in an Ask for Slot?

Posted 01-30-2023 11:34
    Hi,

I'm customizing a Digital Bot Flow for a implementation into an Inbound Message Flow with a Chat Bot.
    The consumers are asked some personal data  - this is about the customer number. It's 16 digits at max, but people keep entering up to 50 digits, because it contains a lot of useless zeros and letters. I did succeed in limiting the output through manipulation of the Data Call Action at the end of the flow using "Substring".

And yes, it's nice not having to handle 30 superfluous digits anymore. But I actually want to inform the users of their entering to many digits as well. Turns out, if given the choice WHICH digits to use, people are ever so imaginative.

My question is if I can use the custom validation function to give out true/false to check it in a decision after? It doesnt seem to put out if true or false?

:

Cheers and thanks
    #ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)
    #DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Florian Metzger
    Lowell Service Center GmbH

• 2.  RE: How do I set a max number of digits in an Ask for Slot?

Posted 01-30-2023 13:35
    Florian,

What about Length(Slot.Inkassonummer)<17) in the Custom Validation field?  That should compare the count of characters in the string , and fail the validation if it's 17 or greater. 

Thank you,

Jason Tripp
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources