Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to display a time in participant data

Posted 02-03-2023 14:53
    Hi Community,
    In our evaluate schedule group task we get the current estimated wait time and add 2 hours to that time before it evaluates the schedule to see if we would likely be able to answer that call within the business day or not.   We want to be able to see what padded time the system calculated to make the decision of which path to go down for that evaluate schedule task.  My question is how I can display that padded time in the participant data?  What is the expression I can use?  Here's a better breakdown if it helps

Evaluate Schedule
    Open Path
    Get Estimated Wait Time and store it in Task.EWTSeconds
    Update Data: Variable name Task.EOD.  Variable to assign: MakeDuration(0, 0, 0, Task.EWTSeconds) + MakeDuration(0, 2, 0, 0)
    Evaluate Schedule Group Specific: AddDuration(GetCurrentDateTimeUtc(), Task.EOD) 

How can I display what ended up in the Task.EOD variable on the participant data of an interaction?
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Nichole Conway
    State of Missouri - Family Support Division

• 2.  RE: How to display a time in participant data

GENESYS
    Posted 02-03-2023 15:37
    Use a Set participant data action.  Make sure the value to assign box is set to expression mode and enter ToString(Task.EOD)

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: How to display a time in participant data

Posted 02-03-2023 16:49
    Thanks Melissa.  Do i need to do an update statement first?  I tried doing the directions above but nothing is coming through when I look at the Participant Data on the interaction.  Screenshot below

Nichole Conway

• 4.  RE: How to display a time in participant data

GENESYS
    Posted 02-03-2023 17:04

No you do not need to do another update data.

1) Remember the participant data is not available on the conversation object until the flow terminates.  So if you're doing this in an inqueue flow for example, you won't see it until the inqueue flows ends by either the caller hanging up or an agent answering.

2) Did you check all of the participants for the data?  The rules about which participant gets it are a little fuzzy, so you should always look at all of them to find it.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: How to display a time in participant data

Posted 02-03-2023 17:16
    I'm not sure why it's not working.  I'm only checking the participant data after I end the call.  There's typically only two participants: the caller and the queue.  It's not showing on either.   We have other update statements and set participant data actions but for some reason this one is not sticking.

Nichole Conway

• 6.  RE: How to display a time in participant data

Posted 02-06-2023 18:21

Hi Nichole,

I encountered something similar to this a while back and discovered that I was not actually setting a valid value in the field I thought I was, and as a result, participant data was not receiving a valid value.  

You might find this past discussion of some use:

https://community.genesys.com/discussion/callestimatedwaittime-has-no-value

In a nutshell, I was not getting a valid value in my test attempts because I was testing calls that began with no one in queue using my test queue, which resulted in a necessary value not being set.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Riedl
    AdaptHealth LLC

https://www.credly.com/badges/4823ffbe-4cfc-4552-bcb0-0506a0dc978c/public_url

https://www.credly.com/badges/4a90f46f-6c8e-4863-8e05-ea08701328ca/public_url

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources