Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to get variables (participant data) from Website -> to Widget -> to Flow -> to Message

Posted 03-26-2024 11:02

Hi all! Beginner here!

After a lot of research, I found a lot of information on how to pass variables from the website to the chatbot flow, but I didn't find any examples of how to do it from start to finish and how to use these variables in the chatbot flow.

What I want to do:
    1 - Collect a variable provided by the website (name)
    2 - Call that variable and its value in the chatbot flow 
    3 - Present the value of this variable in a message to the user.

I think point 1 is complete as shown in the attached image:

step_1

My problem is how to call these variables within the chatbot flow and then present these values to the user in the form of a message:

step_2_3

Can anyone help me complete the missing steps?

Thank you in advance!

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)

------------------------------
    Rui Tomás
    Teleperformance Portugal S.A.

• 2.  RE: How to get variables (participant data) from Website -> to Widget -> to Flow -> to Message

Posted 03-26-2024 12:27

Hi Rui, 

From the image 1, in the snippet, you are sending a variable named "name" with value "tomas"

if you need to retrieve this value in Architect, you use the Get participant Data step. your Image 2.

in box Attribute name, you enter the name of the participant data variable, in your case "name" (if it is litteral enter without quotes, if it is expression enter with quotes)

in the box, Variable to assign 1. You enter the name of the variable you want to use.  example State.customerNamer

Now, if you don't have "Get Participant Data" in bot or DX bot flows.

1. you need to use a Inbond Mesage flow.  here you do have the Get Partipant data.

2. on your Bot or DX bot flow, you define an input variable, go to the Data section on the left side, create the variable to hold the value you want to use. and select Input

in this bot flow, you can use the variable, exemple send a message if the variable is not emtpy.

3. from the Inbound Message flow, call the Bot or DX bot flow and you will have the Input variable option, your enter the variable holding the retrieved value in step 1, example State.customerName

Hope this helps

Camilo Montes
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 3.  RE: How to get variables (participant data) from Website -> to Widget -> to Flow -> to Message

Posted 30 days ago

Hi Camilo!

It worked perfectly! 

Many thks for your quick reply and help!

Cheers from Portugal!

Rui Tomás
    Teleperformance Portugal S.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources