Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Improved TTS whisper quality

Posted 02-26-2024 20:24
    Edited by Vikki Papesh 02-26-2024 20:25

I'm struggling with low quality TTS on whisper audio.  I hoped that setting the default TTS engine to Genesys Enhanced TTS would also upgrade the TTS whispers, but they are still playing in the basic TTS Jill voice.  Since our whispers vary based on menu selection in several cases, the flexibility of TTS offers many benefits.

I did set a voice for the language in the org settings, and ensured that the Enhanced TTS engine is the default engine in the flow I am working with and plays the menu in the selected voice, but Jill is still whispering.

Am I missing something?

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Vikki Papesh
    Sr. Genesys Cloud Developer II
    Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Improved TTS whisper quality

GENESYS
    Posted 02-27-2024 09:08

Can you use recorded prompts instead?

See https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-whisper-audio-action/ note

• Third-party text-to-speech (TTS) engines are not supported for whisper audio.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Improved TTS whisper quality

Posted 02-27-2024 10:09
    Dynamic whispers with higher quality TTS would be the ideal solution.  Our whispers are based on a number of factors during routing.

• 4.  RE: Improved TTS whisper quality

Posted 6 days ago

I have this same issue where it only plays the default tts voice.  In Architect it states that it will use the voice for the flow, but it does not do that.  Not cool.

Robert Wittmer
    American Specialty Health

• 5.  RE: Improved TTS whisper quality

Posted 3 days ago

You would expect that if you select the 'enhanced TTS' option, this would be used throughout the complete Genesys infrastructure so a 'general' voice is played for everything. But it does not. 
    Not only the whisper tone is different, also voicemail option and playback of entered data are different voices. 

I know there are some ideas created for this.

Rolph Lieverse
    CED Nederland B.V.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources