Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Inbound Call Flow

Posted 10 days ago

Hey guys, 

I'm very new to Genesys Architect. I've sat the Genesys Beyond Architect training course, but the course very, very 'light'. 

I'm attempting to configure a very simple inbound call flow. Option 1 - Go to Queue A. Option 2 - Go to Queue B. Option 3 - Go to another flow. 

Option 3 - is not an issue. 

Option 1 and 2. I've configured tasks to transfer the calls to the relevant ACD queue. These work fine if there is an agent present to answer the call. If there is not an agent present, the caller sits in a queue / on hold without cut off or routing to a voice mail. If there is no agent present, I'd like the call to be routed to a voicemail for the queue (if this is possible). I've had 'a bash at this' but I'm a million miles away I'd wager...

Also, how do I attach an 'Operating Schedule' to my flow? 

Any assistance with this hugely appreciated. 

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Matthew Tipler
    News Team Group

• 2.  RE: Inbound Call Flow

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 10 days ago

Hi Matthew

If there is not an agent present, the caller sits in a queue / on hold without cut off or routing to a voice mail. If there is no agent present, I'd like the call to be routed to a voicemail for the queue 

You can achieve this this by using Genesys Cloud Data Actions - "Get On Queue Agent Counts" data action.

Sergey Dzyuba
    Individual Only Contact Account

• 3.  RE: Inbound Call Flow

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 10 days ago

Another option is to set "Play for duration" time in "Hold Music" tool inside Architect -> In-Queue Call Flow and add "Transfer to Voicemail" as the continue path in this flow.

Sergey Dzyuba

• 4.  RE: Inbound Call Flow

Posted 9 days ago

Hey Sergey,

Thanks for the recommendation! I've created an in-queue flow that transfers to VM after X amount of time. 

Don't suppose you know how to reference 'Operating Schedules' within a flow? Ideally, if a received call falls outside of an Operating Schedule I'd like the call to go straight VM - if within the Operating Schedule - route to the queue. 

Any idea on this? Thank you again, I really appreciate the assistance. 

Matt 

Matthew Tipler
    News Team Group

• 5.  RE: Inbound Call Flow
    Best Answer

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 9 days ago
    Edited by Matthew Tipler 9 days ago

Sure, this is pretty easy to do:

1. Create operting schedule in Admin dashboard - https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-operating-schedule/
    2. Use logical "Evaluate Schedule" or "Evaluate Schedule Group" tool in Architect flow

I believe you can find detailed explanation in chapter 4 of Architect learning course.

Sergey Dzyuba

• 6.  RE: Inbound Call Flow

Posted 9 days ago

Sergey, you're an absolute star. Thank you so much for your assistance with this. 

Matthew Tipler
    News Team Group

• 7.  RE: Inbound Call Flow

Posted 9 days ago

Matthew,

Just a word of caution.....

Many sites (I have seen) use Data Tables to dynamically configure Schedule Groups. You retrieve the name of the Schedule Group from the Data Table (based on whatever criteria you want) and then use an expression to reference the Schedule Group in the Evaluate Schedule Group operation. You then use the function findchedulegroup() to convert from the Schedule Group name to something the operation can use.

With me so far?

The issue is that all the checks and balances that prevent you from, for example, deleting a Schedule Group that is referenced, or specifying a Schedule Group that doesn't exist no longer happen. If you accidentally end up with a Schedule Group specified that doesn't exist (typo, accidental deletion, whatever) then the Operation will take the "Closed" path (no error.) I've had to troubleshoot this more times than I care to remember!

The solution is to convert the text to a Schedule Group using a Find Schedule Group operation and handle "not found" gracefully.

Just trying to save you from a world of pain if you come across this particular situation (which is, unfortunately, quite common!)

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources