Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Inline images (embedded images in email body)

Posted 27 days ago

We're having huge issues with receiving emails from customers that do not display the image within the body of the email. We've tried everything. We know about the show image button :).

We've also tried Chrome settings, Edge etc..

We clear cache regularly.

This is a huge problem for us. Anyone got any advice or ways to resolve this issue?

The images show in the historical Transcript. Just not in the realtime email body for response.

Thanks

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Paul Wild
    BCD Travel USA LLC

• 2.  RE: Inline images (embedded images in email body)

Posted 22 days ago

i see the same issue reported for our agents also. Is this a known issue ?

David Tian
    Rogers Communications Canada, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Inline images (embedded images in email body)

GENESYS
    Posted 22 days ago

Hi @Paul Wild, Your question received an answer on the newest episode of the Genesys Cloud Q&A Show. Check the chapter markers to jump to your question. We hope this helps!

There is also an Ideas Lab Link related to your query that you can find here: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-415

Thanks for watching.

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Inline images (embedded images in email body)

Posted 20 days ago

Made me smile - Wild and Crazy guy..

I dont think the problem was fully understood. I suspect even if the image was auto displayed, it would still not show for us. Its being blocked maybe, we have out local IT and network team investigating, but emails without images is HUGE problem for us :)...

I have a case open and will see what they say. I will also let you all know if my network team find anything. Thanks,

Paul Wild
    BCD Travel USA LLC

• 5.  RE: Inline images (embedded images in email body)

Posted 20 days ago

Hello,

This is a known issue that happened when the new e-mail UI update was pushed out. Development is currently working on a fix to this issue, I would recommend opening a case with Customer Care to receive updates.  From my experience, when an agent can't view images clearing their cache/cookies works as a temporary fix.

Have a good day,

Tim Dowdy
    Generac Power Systems, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources