Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Inqueue call flow : Listen for KeyPress

Posted 05-23-2022 04:34
    Hello,

I'm working on a use case where as soon as the customers enters the Inqueue call flow with waiting music we prompt them that if they want they can switch to WhatsApp (via the Agentless WhatsApp Notifications) by pressing one or they can stay on the line and at any given time they can press 1 to switch to whatsapp.

I..E I'm the customer, I hear that I can press one to go to WhatsApp but don't press anything. Then after waiting for 5 min I want to switch to WhatsApp, I press 1 and I receive a whatsapp notifications.

Is there a mechanism in the inqueue to listen for the customer input? Or a way to do it?

Kind regards

Nathan.
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Nathan Tossens
    AXA Group Operations Belgium SA

• 2.  RE: Inqueue call flow : Listen for KeyPress

GENESYS
    Posted 05-23-2022 12:28
    Generally the inQueue flow does not listen for DTMF at all times. You could cheese it a bit and play the hold music and Whatsapp offering together on a 'Collect Input' - this will make the system listen for DTMF during the entire message on the collection, which would very well be the hold music audio.

• 3.  RE: Inqueue call flow : Listen for KeyPress

Posted 05-24-2022 01:38
    Hi Nathan -

We use Brad's 'Collect Input' suggestion for a 'press the star key at any time' option while playing the On Hold Music or Message. Just make you time out equal to (or greater than) the length of the audio segment.

Seems to work ok :)

Cheers,
    Mal.

Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Nexon Asia Pacific Pty. Ltd.
    malcolm.green@nexon.com.au

• 4.  RE: Inqueue call flow : Listen for KeyPress

Posted 05-25-2022 03:13
    Hello,

thanks for the suggestions it works ! :)

Have a nice day.

Nathan.

Nathan Tossens
    AXA Group Operations Belgium SA

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources